help with introduction of new cat

jozmonte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
I could use advice on what to do. I have read all the info here and am still at a loss. We have 2 cats. Midnight 11 yrs old male neutered 9.5 lbs(declawed rescue we got when he was 2), Ali 3 yrs old spayed female 7.5lbs(found her as a kitten). Midnight is very mellow and we followed intro rules and everything went fine.
The new situation is we just took in a stray 3 1/2 weeks ago that had been hanging around the neighborhood for months. She is a love bug and we knew she must belong to someone. Took her to the vet first of course before ever entering the house. Come to find out she was microchipped. Yeah, she could be returned to owners.

Vet contacted Home Again and the cat was never reported missing and the phone numbers were disconnected. So, I brought her home. We call her Molly (5 yrs old calico, spayed 12.5lbs).
Following the same guidelines again. Midi did fine and they share house time already no problem. Ali, not so good. Ali has been staring, hissing and charging the baby gates for 2 weeks now. I have not let Molly out with Ali because I am afraid they will fight. No reactions from Molly about Ali at all. She is also very mellow. Ali is the most upset and has starting pooping outside the box. Now what to I do.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a Feliway diffuser running? That might help. Sounds like they may be trying to work out the hierarchy of the clan, but Ali is stressed by the situation.