Help with determining my cat's breed?

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! A first timer here in this forums and a first time owner of a cat.

About 2 months ago, a family friend gave us a cat to take care of. They had 2 but they're not exactly nice with each other especially when the other one just gave birth. Fast forward to today, we're now with a very lovable cat. She's very sweet and always likes to cuddle whenever she has the chance to. Everytime I lie down on our sofa with my hands hanging, she would just bump her head to it, asking for me to pet her.

I'm not really fond of cats before so I practically know nothing about cats especially about their breeds. My mom was the one who received her and as far as she knows, she's purebred. From searching in the internet and all, we think she's a lynx point siamese cat. Can anyone confirm it? I don't personally know anyone who's a cat person so I'll appreciate any of you guys say. Thank you@

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be.  Although not modern siamese, but sooner the old type siamese - nowadays called for Thai.

Or simply, both parents were carriers of the point gene, and thus, one of the kittens become a old siamese look alike...  So the parents could probably be almost anything.

Such happens for example among Russian Blues now and then.  As blue pointed siameses were used to reinforce the gene pool  once upon a time, back in the late ´40 and early ´50-ties...

Good luck!  @vipn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha, it's you again! Thanks for the reply!

Basically, she's confirmed to be a siamese cat but I can't be sure what type(?) she is exactly?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IF, so as said, old type siamese.  Lynx point is correct, Lynx is another word here for tabby..  so in some associations it would be said tabby and point.

On the colors I dont dare to say too much on this my so so monitor.   Besides, Im no expert on colors.