HELP WITH CATS BEHAVIOR

rebecca94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yesterday my cat was laying on top of me and whenever I would try to move he would try to paw my face then would rub his head and cheek against me but when I tried to take him off me he actually got mad and scratched me and as soon as I moved him he came back and laid on my chest and put his head against my mouth. Is my cat plotting to kill me? Because I have never met a cat this affectionate

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure if you are being 100% serious, but no, your cat is not plotting to kill you. I'd be careful when moving him in the future f scratching is something he repeatedly tries to do. Also make sure you are indicating to him that scratching is not okay.  Hissing or saying "OW" loudly are two way to do this that tend to be relatively effective. 

the3rdname

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, that gives new meaning to the phrase "Kill them with kindness."  
  Or maybe it's more like, "If they don't appreciate my kindness, I will kill them."  You've gotta love how cut-to-the-chase cats are.  What they want, they want.  What they don't want, they'll make you wish you didn't give it to them in the first place.  

I agree with Tulosai's advice.  It's different if you try to initiate a snuggling session and get scratched or bitten.  Your kitty sounds a wee bit dominant and needs to learn that people have boundaries that need respecting.  

pazuzuinxs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just make sure that there are never any blunt objects nearby. Or that might be a case which would be hard to prove in court