Help with cat breed what would you call these cats?

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hello everyone new to the cat world. have rescued two kittens. All i know is they are tabby which i thought was a breed. Later found out its the markings.
What are they? Lots of people are asking and i just reply chicken shed cats.
Very spotty bellies with stripes on side. classic M on forehead.
Thank you!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is nothing in the world cuter than a sleeping kitten. Your babies are just too cute. :nod:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spotted bellies really dont tell much. Many types of tabbies may have such spots on the belly.  M on the forehead is typical for all tabbies, its (almost) always there, whatever tabby pattern it is.  We usually look at their sides and back, on the pattern there.

If its striped / tigrered, in USA we usually call it for mackerel tabby (as in the fish), but in other languages they are called for tigrered or striped cats.

Very sweet kittens.  You did a good deed by saving them - and you also got a full value repay in having them as your household members, no?   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two sons who love the fuss and attention as much as running around.
TV hasnt been used much. They stalk and fight each other. Love to ambush our legs.
GOod times and they have grown into lovely characters each very different.
This is the big one. Who ate food like an African wild cat. Little Phil has been very polite.
He was the runt.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
From your last two shots, they looked more like Mackerel Tabbies. Angle of the 2nd photo on the side of body looks like spotted.
Just like what Advisor StefanZ mentioned, a side and top view photo of your kitty would be easier to identify.

Last edited:

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pair of rascals.
Inquisitive to everything. Learning new tricks and how the apartment works. Well lliter trained now and feeding time is not violent anymore. The big one was very quick to eat his and his brothers hence weight differences. Hes catching his bro up.
A

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mum was black and white But nobody saw the dad.

Plenty of wildcat in them. First kittens from bloodline not to be in a barn. Now scurrying around thr apartment. Machine gun paws. Got to re cat proof the apartment the week as their leaps and jumps have gotten bigger more powerful. First day in was two heads in a box smiling. Second and third all day on lap. Now its all about charging around the apartment chasing sleeping chasing sleeping. Hilarious. Bet the old lady under us is traumatised by thunder paws. Im planning a cat wall feaurure so they can climb explore amf be higher up. Cat shelfs.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's normal for them to be. They are growing and exploring and playful. Let them be and let them enjoy the house.

I let my boy wander throughout the whole house, under the bed, in the wardrobe, in the sink, in the bathroom, on top of cabinets, kitchen cabinet included. In fact wherever his little paws goes, I let him go. After awhile, they'll stop going to some places except their favorite.

terrencephillip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

We love it here. Nice and warm. Ive noticed this week they have found new ways ti get into cupboards.
That's their food cabinet. Haha
On the whole they do well on commands. Big one looks at me alot when he's fighting the small one.