Help with cat breed (or ideas)

Shewolfrac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20200320_183016.jpg
20191104_163130.jpg
20200228_145251.jpg

I recently rescued this outside cat after she was abandoned by her evacuating owners and left for dead with the upcoming hurricane. We're going to be ok, but now I wanna know what breed she may be. Her name is Taboo, if anyone wanted to know.

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, she's my first cat, so I wasn't familiar with any of the breeds.
Cat breeds are man-made, unless bought from a breeder (which you absolutely shouldn't!) the cat is 90% probably of no breed. Which is much better than being purebred/contributing to breeding! Congrats on your new cat, btw!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! She is stunning!!! I would describe her as a domestic long haired (DLH) brown ticked tabby with white. The "M" marking on her forehead is the primary indicator of her being a tabby. The 'ticked' refers to the pattern of her coat, which is an indistinct striping (on her body anyway), known as agouti. It would seem to me if you look up close at the lighter parts of her coat, you will see that the individual hairs are striped with alternating light and dark bands, known as the agouti hairs.

Most cats are of no particular breed, unlike dogs.

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 348612View attachment 348613View attachment 348614
I recently rescued this outside cat after she was abandoned by her evacuating owners and left for dead with the upcoming hurricane. We're going to be ok, but now I wanna know what breed she may be. Her name is Taboo, if anyone wanted to know.
Angora mix brown caliby cat. (Not an angora cross cat because her ancestry is mixed. Every mix bred longhair originated from just a mix bred cat and an angora cat)

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Angora mix brown caliby cat. (Not an angora cross cat because her ancestry is mixed. Every mix bred longhair originated from just a mix bred cat and an angora cat)
No nvm she is a angora mix cocoa caliby.