Help With C-section Cat And Her Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trish96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I followed the instructions on the can. I am using canned milk and not powder.

I guess it could be the product of a few days without going. I’m not sure of the exact age, probably around 3-5 days. The umbilical cord hasn’t fallen off yet.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Switch to powdered if you can. Kittens seem to do better with it.

Trish96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I’ll do that. It’s been quite hard to feed it the last couple hours. He will be crying and whenever I hold him, he just doesn’t want to open his mouth. Tried putting a drop of milk to his cheek and wasn’t even tempted. Strangely, he has been very active today. It’s good to see so much energy but it makes it harder to feed cause he just moves around so much and refuses to stay put even in a burrito wrap.

I am using a syringe atm as the bottle we have is too big for the kitten that size and I found it harder to control the amount given. Should I try to find a suitable bottle to see if it will encourage him to suckle?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a syringe is fine for now. Keep getting food into him as often as you can.

Trish96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I have some news. My mom found a queen nursing 3 kittens at her friend’s house. My mom tried putting the kitten with her litter and she didn’t mind at all. Her kittens are the same size with the orphan and they have similar colouring.

So the kitten has been nursing twice now from the mom. And the mother cat is friendly, she likes some petting and doesn’t mind my proximity to her litter even though I’m a complete stranger.

What are the signs to look out for adopted kitten in a litter? Like how to tell that they are adjusting well?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The usual ones, follow their weigh is the easiest and safest.

It sounds very good this you tell! :)