Help with bite reactions

robintirrell19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Pocki 5yrs old allergic to flee bites she's only been outside in cat carrier maybe 6 times.
Please check the pictures.
Husband and I moved in to New house in rural Georgia finish being built 1937, got settled my oldest cat GracieAnne 21yrs old passed when we got here.
GYPSY MY BOI CAT 8YRS OLD TOOK IT HARD.
So did we all I thought I about broke in half.
We turned all the water on everything went.
Galvanized pipes from when they started this house who knows how old. Took everything of value no matter how vague from wedding rings our computer to coin collections 3d printers, maxed all credit and banks out.
Replaced All pipes lines fixtures water cleanup construction clean up and us four house rich money poor 😆
All a lil better for now going an having to Git Pocki out the closet or laundry room burrying nesting or hiding she's being social bathe her twice a week in ground oats Manuka honey dissolved with coloidial silver dry her up hydrocortisone spray with Myrrh to be as close to an antibiotic rub in. Then dried her and sprayed with a silver wound spray and wrapped like a burrito till she wants to wake up.
Her neck shoulders and paw tops legs better but she started all over we are worried
Give any knowledge or thoughts husband and myself will follow examples try ideas him and I are yhal sponge students just look at my baby girl her gaze this eyes.
Yhal thanks for reading wish my Baby all better.
Paws in the air if you wish Pocki quick recovery .
Remember no vet we can't but we will listen to what yhal say

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of GracieAnne. The other cats will mourn for a while, but they will bounce back eventually, just like humans do.

Indoor cats can get fleas too - you can bring them on your clothing and shoes. If Pocki is allergic to flea bites, is she on any flea treatment? If not, she should be. Advantage II is one of the few topicals that is supposed to work to kill fleas even before they bite, so that would be an appropriate one for Pocki. Advantage II does not require a prescription.

Do you have a regular vet? If so, perhaps they would let you bring Pocki in for a steroid injection without charging for a vet visit. The steroid injection should help clear up the allergy and if you use Advantage II also, there is a good chance the problem will be resolved.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So unfortunately, this is bad. I am not a vet, but his is what I would do if this was my cat and I couldn’t take to the vet.
First off, I would beg, borrow, post a go fund me, a Facebook plea, call my vet and beg, look into low cost programs through the humane society etc. I say a vet is needed because the skin is severely damaged. Medical intervention needs to be done to stop the itch scratch cycle and treat secondary bacterial infections. Also the root cause of the condition should be determined, but if funds are short, skip diagnostics and just do treatments.

i know you said flea allergy. It could be more by now. Does your cat have fleas? Do you flea comb him? Although that skin is so sore it would hurt now. When such a large area is damaged it leaves the skin open to getting other problems.

Stop the bathing. No more baths, and no more topical products. You are wasting money on things that won’t help. You are also damaging your cats skin even more with the bathing.

Cats skin has a natural bacterial growth on it as well as its very own skin oils that help protect it. What happens when you bath is that you are stripping all of this off and leaving the skin more susceptible to pathogens.Cats are not meant to be bathed, except for sphinx and other hairless breeds.

When you use topical sprays and products on cats, the cats will ingest these often toxic substances in large amounts from grooming. Some take a while to build up, so they may not get sick right away.

Skin like this is not a topical problem. This issue comes from within the cat and has to be treated the same way.

This is extremely uncomfortable for your cat. If this were my cat and I couldn’t see a vet, I would check for fleas, and if there were fleas, the only treatment that could be done would be oral flea medications. So once again, would have to see a vet.

I understand you went through a tough time with the house and the loss of your other cat and I am very sorry for that. Can you call the vet that helped you with your other cat and see if they can help you?

Just to treat, it should not cost much. Sometimes if you go in for the exam and explain you don’t have money for treatment they still my help you.

Have you applied to care credit? If not, most vet offices will have the paperwork that you can submit while you are there.

There is honestly no home treatment for this.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that a flea collar on her before she broke out like that? In the pictures when she lookes good still she has some kind of collar on. Then when it was bad the collar is off.. I'm wondering if it is a flea collar then maybe it was a reaction to that because I have seen cats have severe reactions from flea collars

I agree with S silent meowlook that most vets have the forms for care credit. If you call the vet and ask they will be able to tell you if they have it for you to apply for.
Also some vets will allow you to be put on a payment plan. It is worth a shot in asking. All they can do is say no. If they do say no at least you know you tried. Also gofundme and Facebook should help. I've seen people on here who had posted on fb here and gofund me. They gave the issue and the vets information so they could make donations straight to the vet. When people did this some of them raised the money pretty quickly. I hope you're able to get her some help because I also think it is more of a bacterial/fungal infection now which will more than likely need oral meds and steroids for the inflammation/irritation
Please keep us posted

Last edited: