Help with 8 week old kitten needed

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely! The very best possible thing you can do for this kitty is put him in the hands of a vet and staff!!

ASAP too!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you fed him now? How did he do?

Have you steamed him?

Can you get him to the vet's tomorrow? They need to see what's going on with his swallowing.

How long has he been on the clavamox?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slightapex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you fed him now? How did he do?

Have you steamed him? -Yes, can't tell if it helped. I kept him in the bathroom while I took a shower. I'm a roofer so it was a long shower!

Can you get him to the vet's tomorrow?- yes but I'm going to call first to ask some questions. They need to see what's going on with his swallowing.

How long has he been on the clavamox?
2 days.
I spent an hour giving him a total of 4 cc'a of pedialyte from a medicine syringe & he did not cough it back up! That is an improvement. I'm going to continue to give him pedialyte this way. Food was minimal, I got chicken baby food & tried my best to feed him but it was not great. Today I am going to give food the same way as pedialyte. He seemed about 3% more alert and active. He sat in my palm while I did stuff around the house. His favorite spot is to perch on my shoulder. My daughter named him teddy bear but I prefer T bear so that's what I call him now. It's pretty funny but when I watch him get up(which is rare) and trot across the room with his tail pointing up and his head too big for his body I get why people have so many cats. It's tough to not like a kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank goodness he has perked up a bit! We need to see more of that.

I'm especially glad to hear that you got that amount of pedialyte into him. He needs that every 2-3 hours.

He can be saved. You can avoid the vet stay if you will give him the hands-on, intensive care that he needs yourself. As Catwoman said, it will only be for a few days, because he will likely turn the corner after 4-5 days on the clavamox, which should be over the weekend.

Keep up the pedialyte and the steaming. Ask the vet for Nutrical paste. It's very high calorie and will keep him going while he's not eating much. He will begin eating ravenously as soon as he feels better.

I'm really rooting for this little guy!

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 days.
I spent an hour giving him a total of 4 cc'a of pedialyte from a medicine syringe & he did not cough it back up! That is an improvement. I'm going to continue to give him pedialyte this way. Food was minimal, I got chicken baby food & tried my best to feed him but it was not great. Today I am going to give food the same way as pedialyte. He seemed about 3% more alert and active. He sat in my palm while I did stuff around the house. His favorite spot is to perch on my shoulder. My daughter named him teddy bear but I prefer T bear so that's what I call him now. It's pretty funny but when I watch him get up(which is rare) and trot across the room with his tail pointing up and his head too big for his body I get why people have so many cats. It's tough to not like a kitten.
So good to hear an update, small improvement but at least something!

The pediolyte is super important, but equally important is some food intake, so since you have the syringe, can you have some of the baby food mixed in when you syringe?

It will keep his organs going rather than nothing to process calorie wise.

Keep up the good work, he is just adorable and we look forward to updates!

You can do this, and the clavamox should be kicking in now or very soon, which will really help, but he has been so long without food that he might not go right in to a great appetite, so he might need coaxing for a bit, which will stimulate his appetite and cause him to eat on his own again, then he will be eating like mad!