Help Whats Wrong With Cheddar?

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my kitty Cheddar when he was kitten he got a horrific eye infection it was googy and he could barely open his eye he was just a kitten we took him to the vet he said it was just a infection and gave him several meds

He is now almost 2 years old the same eye gets the black googy stuff we always just wipe it out everyday until i checked it eye to whoa the inside in brown instead of pink like it should be???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Note the skin isn't that far out over his eye i made it so you could see he has bright big eyes normally i had to look under his eyelid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is him now he is extremely active and playful no change in that i dont want him losing his vision

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's anything to worry about but keep an eye on him for a few days and call the vet if anything looks worse.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi addeline.

"Keep an eye on it" is not only a real groaner here, but probably imprudent. I've learned not to take a wait-and-see approach when the eyes are involved.

I'd have it looked at.

Do you have a cat-only Vet?

I am wondering if herpesvirus is at play in there. A few days of high dose L-lysine would prove/disprove that I think...if it 'disappears', then a periodic maintenance dosing would keep it in check.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could always take that picture into the vet and go from there. Make sure you mention the earlier eye infection and the fact you still need to clean his eyes. It may only be pigmentation, but better safe than sorry!