Help! What is this?

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what this could be? I'm wondering if it is a tick or something else. It's near his by the joint of his right arm. He doesn't go out and recently had his flea treatment and wormer.
Screenshot_20210318_215643_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
IMG_20210318_215114.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! It could be something benign but can you send that photo to your vet?
So you don't think it could be a tick?
I've been told to call the vets first thing in the morning. Because it's not an emergency

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like a tick we found on some kittens, born in a rabbit hutch. The kittens were covered in white ticks. But it's difficult to tell ftrom a photo. The vet will know.

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like a tick we found on some kittens, born in a rabbit hutch. The kittens were covered in white ticks. But it's difficult to tell ftrom a photo. The vet will know.
I'm not sure where he could get a tick from. Hes an indoor cat and no one has come into our home in the last few days.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where he could get a tick from. Hes an indoor cat and no one has come into our home in the last few days.
I've never heard of a tick appearing on indoor-only cats - so I'll have to rethink! I don't believe it can be anything serious - please, let us know what the vet says.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Does anyone know what this could be? I'm wondering if it is a tick or something else. It's near his by the joint of his right arm.
It could be a nipple as what carebearbaby1 carebearbaby1 mentioned.

Cats have 6 to 8 nipples, 3 or 4 pairs on the belly including male cats. You may want too run your fingers under the belly and see if all looks alike. If they do, definitely they are nipples.

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have contacted the vets and waiting for a callback once they've seen the photos I sent.

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has a vet appointment on Wednesday. So I'll hopefully know more then

Charlie-pud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet has confirmed it's not a tick. It's more than likely a cyst but as it's still quite small they can't get a sample and removing it would be him going to sleep which is not something they want to do with his heart issues.
Just got to keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger than will run tests or if it gets very painful (which they said it isn't right now) they will consider removing it.

Thank you for all your help