Help Weaning Kittens

IsauraS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lotte’s babies are now seven weeks. Lotte wants to be out of the room, the kittens eat and drink on their own. This morning they wanted mommy and she wanted her kids. So let her in and she got mobbed, but she seems happy nursing them. I want to let the babies out of the room with her, but I have a teenage cat, probably four or five months old, and he plays too rough. Do I let the kittens out and have them learn to defend themselves? Or do I keep them in the room and let Lotte in once a day? Here’s a picture of the happy babies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7 weeks is too young to wean. Give them another 3-4 weeks before you try.
I would only let the kittens with the teenager for a couple of hours..max. And they need to be supervised with him.
Can you put your teenager in another room while the kittens roam around a bit? I would definitely not put them together unsupervised yet.

BTW, they are adorable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IsauraS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I’ve been doing that, let them out for a bit and keep an eye on Frankie. Then put them back in the room. Lotte spent time with them then walked out of the room with me. The only other room I have is taken by another foster and her kittens.