help, we lost Our Angel, she was gone in a minute.....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissingLing...

Does anyone else have the problem where thay cannot even bear to think about the animal they've lost? If I even picture not only our sweet Ling but my angel Nemo that I lost nearly three years ago I just can't even think about her for too long or I just start to crack... Even just passing the room where her urn is depresses me, if I go in there I get chest pains I miss her that much... I suppose that is selfish in a way- I just wondered if anyone else feels the same way when they lose a companion...
Everyone grieves in differnt ways & for differnt lengths of time. My Smokey died of CRF over 2 years ago & I still can't put her ashes in the urn I had specially made for her. To me there is something so final about putting her in that urn I just can't face it. So 2 years later she is still in the little white box I got from the vet. Just thinking about putting her in the urn make me want to cry.
It's not selfish your just still grieving. If you haven't yet, I would read a book about pet loss or visit the Pet Loss site, I'm not sure of the site off the top of my head, but I could find it if you like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missingling...

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you,
Thanks everyone for your comments. How odd and sad that others have experienced this. You feel so helpless, it really doesn't seem real. It is so difficult, I miss her so much. It's as if things aren't right, somehting bright and amazing is missing...

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had several kitty losses in the past few years. We did have a necropsy done on one kitten, since he was the third in a litter of 5 to die. The necropsy showed nothing. Sometimes they don't. So while it is certainly ok to do one if you wish, it doesn't always answer the question.

I am sorry for your loss of Ling. I recently read a book about grief and loss called Tear Soup. It is very well written, about how when we have a deep loss, we start to brew a big pot of tear soup. It includes our happy memories, and lots of tears. Also the sad memories of the loved one, or the times when things were not so good. Some people just brew a quick pot and move on, but for others they may keep that pot simmering for a long time.

Take your time making the tear soup for Ling, and Nemo. Of course the loss of Ling brings back your loss of Nemo. Everyone's posts here are a part of the soup. One day when you don't even realize it, you will be done. Not that the loss will be gone, but you will no longer feel you are making tear soup. Her memories will bring you a smile instead of a tear. You will go into the room where her urn is placed, and while you will be sad in missing her, it won't be as strong as it is today.

Best of luck to you and her brother as you go through this difficult time. I'll share a bowl of your tear soup today, in remembrance of Mattie, Logan, Odie, Zero, Hershey Kiss, and BB. I still miss each dear one, but am past the worst of the grief process. I do find great comfort here at the Rainbow Bridge, and I am glad you are finding comfort here, too.