Help w/ New Stray - Aggressive, 7-8yr old, Not Yet Neutered, Male

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skitzabeth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! He got in his kennel so nicely for me this morning, I felt really guilty leaving terrified him at the vet! But hopefully he'll be happier in a few weeks without all the hormones, and then hopefully we can start some proper introductions with the other cats in the house.

skitzabeth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, he is officially less of a man cat! Lol. 

I went to pick him up, and they had put the blanket I had used to cover his kennel in with him, and I was afraid he'd be freaked out going outside. He immediately tunneled under the blanket himself, haha.

He's in his room now, didn't even attempt to come out of his kennel yet, although he seems fairly alert. Just gonna let him chill for a while.

So glad we finally got this done. Hoping the hormones settling down will help him be much happier. 

:)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so happy the deed is done and he is on his way to being a wonderful house cat!!!  So glad it was easy to get him into the carrier and he is fixed!!  Give him time to calm down, yet continue working with him daily.

Job well done!!!!

skitzabeth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I was afraid he would be cranky after the surgery. Instead he is more cuddly than ever. He has started head butting my face and hasn't hissed or growled at all. He has nibbled at my hands and feet, but they are obviously only nibbles and not biting anymore. Maybe he thinks that I rescued him again from the vet! Haha. In any case, I'm very happy that he seems to be happier! Going to wait a couple of weeks before trying to introduce him to the others. Thanks again for all the encouragement! :)