Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Call this place ASAP; they're still open:

View attachment 276801
Call this place ASAP; they're still open:

View attachment 276801
Here in India veterinary doctors are not like in western countries. These normal clinics won't have enough equipments to check her. If I take her now to any of these clinics. It only stress her out more. Nobody will come to help me in handling her. These doctors can no way help me. I always take my cats to the veterinary hospital which is closed now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try to get CareCredit if money is an issue so you can pay in installments. if you pay it off in 6 months, it's usually interest free. if they say no, call the 800 number and an agent may be able to help you. Most rural vets will do a ranch call but that adds quite a bit to the bill - from $75 - $150, but we can worry about that later. Right now, a vet is our only hope. If there is a Facebook "lost pets" section for your area, try messaging or calling the page owners - they may know of possible connections. same with the local animal groups, even if they are for dogs (typically dogs get more attention so they have more connections)
Money is not a problem. Handling her is the difficult part.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
How about Call Pet Clinic? I couldn’t find a website, but they advertise themselves on Google as an emergency veterinary service in Visakhapatnam.
I have tried to call my vet. He's not picking up my call now.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats don't get to decide when they want to go to the vet. That's your job! She needs to go, and right away. Like others have said, wrap her in a towel to avoid scratching, put her in a carrier, and bring her -- now.
It's very easy to say it.. but in practical it's very difficult

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, please get both of your cats spayed. I saw your other post about a 7-month-old cat who had kittens. I know you/they don't like going to the vet, but having kittens, along with potential complications, and risking pyometra/cancer/etc. later in life is far worse. It's also far more expensive.
Why do I don't like to take my kittens to the vet? I'm already worried about my cat. You are suppose to help me.. not bully me. I said money is not my problem. If you can't understand what was my problem.. please back off

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why do I don't like to take my kittens to the vet? I'm already worried about my cat. You are suppose to help me.. not bully me. I said money is not my problem. If you can't understand what was my problem.. please back off
I'm not bullying at all! I'm just telling you that lots of cats don't like to go to the vet, but that doesn't mean you don't take them.

I'm only trying to help...one of my kittens doesn't like it either, but I still bring him, because I know it's best for him.

I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm only trying to help you and your cats.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the kitty doing? Is she straining? is she panting? How many hours until the vet opens?
Stefanz has a good idea about trying to create her now and keep her inside the crate. it will probably take some time to get her in the crate, anyway.
While you are waiting, you can practice putting a towel over a cushion or pillow and stuffing it in the carrier. Keeping in mind that a real cat will try using it's back feet to keep from going into the crate, it's a good time to "scruff" the pillow (through the towel) with your dominant hand while using the other hand to lift & work the pillow into the crate.
If you can calmly herd or persuade your cat into a small room, it is highly likely that she will enter the crate on her own, if the door is propped open. Then you can casually close the door and cover the crate. She may protest but it is the best situation. And it is less scary than seizing her and forcing her into the carrier.
Please keep us updated. :vibes::grouphug2:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Dheeksha, at the time I'm writing it is 01.06 am hours (tuesday 11/3) at Visakhapatnam. I hope that you have been able to visit your vet Monday morning as you intended and that you are having a peaceful sleep at this moment. Please let us know the outcome of this visit. How is your kitty doing now? Wishing you the best.

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope that we get an update!
She's fine.. I took her to the vet next day.. He spayed her that afternoon. She's doing very well now. Sorry for the late reply.. I was very terrified at that time and the comment section made me scary. So I stopped seeing the posts. I'm very sorry for not responding.