Help /urinating around the house

Leonchris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two brothers from the same litter. Buddy just started peeing around the house. He is almost a year old, not neutered yet, pees in little amounts. He meows and cries at times. He’ll play here and there, nothing like my other furry bundle of joy Tedos. I have one more issue, I am limited on funds. I am new to all of this as well. Please help guide me in the right direction.
IMG_0625.jpeg

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does he crouch down to pee? Or does he stand up? If he is standing up, that is spraying, and is something that male cats do. Fixing them most of the time fixes the problem, but I have heard that isn’t the case. Hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leonchris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No he is crouching and I have three litter boxes. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. Buddy is awfully young to start having urinary issues, but it is not impossible. If you can free catch some urine in a sterile container, you can take that to the vet and ask for a urinalysis to see if anything shows up. That would save on the cost of a vet visit, at least. But, you'd better call first and ask if they will accept it without seeing him. Some vets will give you a pipette and test tube to hold the sample and if you can't take it in right away, you can keep it in the fridge for a few hours. I don't believe him being intact could cause what you are describing, but it is something to ask the vet about too.

The thing that always concerns me about male cats that have peeing problems is that there could be a partial blockage in the urethra due to stones/sediment build up. Since a male cat's urethra is so much smaller than a female's, blockages can happen more easily.

Can you ask family and/or friends for a loan to cover the costs?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What type of boxes and what litter are you using?