Help Urgent Advice Needed

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
5 days ago I took my 5 month old Chedder Into the vet because of a bad eye infection and other symptoms

They said it was a eye infection and a upper respiratory infection
For 5 days I have faithfully been giving him his medicine Amoxicillin 2 times a day And eye drops 2-3 times a day
He has gained energy to play again with us and the other animals!!!

He is sneezing 5-6 times in a row every 8 mins or less and weezing his eye is so red and runny he is drinking tons of water lately also

Should I take him back to the vet?
How long will this last?

Attachments

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since it's been 5 days and he has new symptoms, I would call the vet at the least. He might need a different antibiotic. I would caution against Convenia, though, which is a shot. You could also ask for different eye drops that can be used in the eye and the nose. Are you adding lysine to his food? That might also help. Give him 500 mg twice a day in wet food. The water consumption could be because his tummy is upset from the meds. Amoxicilin is a powerful antibiotic. You could also try adding some acidophilus to his diet to help the tummy.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my cat got a respiratory infection once the vet gave him a shot of cortisone and antibiotics, it cleared right up the next day. I think the cortisone took care of it all alone. I did give him the antibiotics though. He had some serious breathing problems too. You may want to ask about cortisone. He never had the problem again either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well this morning I believe he isn't going to make it it's gotten just absolutely violent he didn't want any food including canned cat food weezing horribly and won't move

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Cheddar, I hope everything goes okay. I'm so sorry this is happening. :(