Help! Unneutered Male Kitten Hiding Under House With Another Unfixed Male

imissmycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help, I am in desperate need of some advice. My 6 month old, indoor, male kitten was accidently let out last night/early morning. I had no idea this happened until I woke up this morning. I was initially unable to find him. I searched all over the house and outside looking for him. I thought he was completely lost until I tried one more time to see if he was in the yard somewhere. There is a crawl space under the house which strays will typically use for shelter. I didn't think he would be under the house because there is an unfixed male cat that usually hangs out there. However, when I called his name from one of the openings he came near it. The opening isn't quite big enough for him to fit through. There is another opening that is bigger which is where the strays get in. I am assuming he went through this opening after he discovered he couldn't get back into the house. I tried desperately to get him to come to the other opening but as I did all I got was the male stray that hangs around. I kept offering food and calling his name but still all that would come is the other cat. After briefly seeing him under the house I never saw him again nor did I hear him when I would call for him. Since I couldn't see him any longer I decided to try and get the other cat out. I was hoping if I got this other cat out then maybe he wouldn't be so afraid to come near the opening. I tried and tired to lure the cat out with food but nothing. After 2 hours, I eventually had to leave for work. My biggest concern is that the other cat will harm my baby kitty. My kitten is not fixed so I am worried this will cause problems with the other cat who is also not fixed. Do you think this is why he won't come out? Since I've been at work my sister has tried to see if he or the other cat will come but nothing has happened. I still won't be home for another hour. I'm hoping once I get home he'll be cold and hungry enough to come inside. In the mean time I am super anxious. Do you think he is okay? Is it possible for that other cat to have killed him and that's why he never came near the opening again? What do I do if I can't get him out?? I love him so much and it pains me to know that he's not safe. Any help/suggestions/advice would be very much appreciated!!! Thank you!

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could try humane traps because he will probably come out in the middle of the night when he feels safe. I wouldn’t think the other cat would kill he him as he probably doesn’t see the kitten as a threat to him. Not sure where you live but usually you can get the rspca or even the fire brigade I think to come out and get under the house to find them. If you can afford the vet or there’s a charity nearby try neuter them both and u will have a lot less problems on your hands. The older strays behaviour will completely change good luck and keep us posted xx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you are in the USA, that would be the ASPCA or whatever your local branch is called. Also, google for cat rescues in your area and contact them. They may come out and trap, or lend you one. And do let us know what has happened!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the stray cat will kill him. They are probably playing together. I'm sure you would have heard screeching if they were fighting under there. He probably is having fun with his new buddy and doesn't want to come out. My male cat did this once, took off with the boy cat next door and they were playing in the woods together. I lured him back with his favorite kibble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imissmycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your responses! After a lot of effort, I was eventually able to lure both cats out of the crawl space. My kitty was a little dirty and very hungry but was okay and unharmed!! I love him so much. Thanks again for everyone's help/advice!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! Did he miss his new buddy when you brought him inside? My cat cried and cried when I took him away from his friend and brought him back inside.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MAN, I needed some good news today! THANK YOU for telling us he is home safe!