Help Tina to cope with the loss of her sibling Tigger

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow... Tiggs sure was a beautiful cat. That long nose and slanted eyes... I wonder if he had Siamese somewhere in his bloodline?

Here's hoping Tina's grief subsides, leaving only the happy memories...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Oh, wow... Tiggs sure was a beautiful cat. That long nose and slanted eyes... I wonder if he had Siamese somewhere in his bloodline?

Here's hoping Tina's grief subsides, leaving only the happy memories...
Thanks guys. Yes Tigger was the pretty boy, tina is a cute devil.
He had this special pose where he was sitting on his hind legs, his forelegs really close together and his tail sloping around him and his head up. He was sitting exactly like one of those egyptian gods. Fortunately I have some pictures that I will post later.
He had very intense eyes as you can see and he was the most sensitive and gentle cat you can imagine. Even during his going away he was caring for us and trying to make us comfortable with him leaving.
He was much more cuddly and dependent on us, especially during the evenings. Thats when we miss him most.

Tina is starting to adjust, but you can really see that she is traumatized. She follows us everywhere. When we leave the room, she will jump up and follow us, even when she was just sleeping.
We opened up the room where Tigger spent his final days. Tina was o.k. with that, although she still doesn't like being there.
Sometimes she is looking for Tigger and sometimes she meows at me with this heartbraking tone as if she wants me to tell her where I hid him.
We got her lots of new toys and I started feeling guilty, that we hadn't bought them much sooner so that Tiggs could have had a good time with them.

Tigger was a quirky little guy. He used to lay down, get up turn halfway and lay down again. He used to do this until everything was perfect. He used to stand on his hind legs and stretch himself up to us so we could pet him on the head without having to get down and he really loved any kind of food that was not the ordinary (dry food). Wet Food, Tuna, Chicken, Cheese he loved everything and he knew how to make us give him something.
Othewise he was a very calm and quiet guy. Tina is rather feisty but Tigger never did get up on the Table or Stove. He knew what he was allowed (almost everything
) and what not.

Thanks to TCS and all you guys for reading and posting. It really helped. Now we have to try to get past this traumatic experience.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no cause could be found. Even the labs investigating the lungs and kidneys came up empty. Both organs were affected by some sort of inflamatory disease, but no agent has been found.
Instead of continuing to pay for research I decided to stop here, as the vet said the danger to Tina is minimal.
Tiggers ashes will be spread in this garden:
http://www.bubbling-well.com/phototour.shtml
I did not decide to have his ashes returned to me, neither did I want a place to go to. In my mind, Tigger has left and his remains are now just an empty tortured shell.
Tigger has joined the ranks of others who are gone. He will be a good friend to many and will bring lots of joy to others, maybe to one of your friends as well.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a beautiful place for Tiggers final resting place... its so beautiful and such a wonderful choice

I am sorry that they couldnt find a reason for his passing but you know you did everything in your power for him. He knows that and he knows how much he was loved.

Sweet Tina... how you must miss him. Stay strong little girl for Tiggs is watching over you and will keep you save

Thankyou for the updates Andre. I wish the circumstances had of been different but your posts paint such a beautiful picture of your two.

Tigger