Help they are too young!

poohnpglet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw your precious babies - they are so CUTE! I too have a brother (ginger tabby) and sister(calico).
This is Pudders - the male.

and this is Gracie.

We haven't always had them together (another story - posted on the kitten/pregnancy board if you are interested.) http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131589

Just wanted to show you they grow up gorgeous too!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Here are some ideas for you
All that stuff I want to second the motion. Some kitties are bold while others are shy but that can change as they get older and more comfortable.

I want to second the holding thing. Not all kittens or cats like to be held. My Pennie hates it and will only tolerate it for a short time (like 5 seconds).

My Bob on the other hated it as a kitten but now does not mind so much but he does not like it for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

Then I have Egore that you could carry around all day if you wanted to.

Kitties have personalities just like people. Some just take longer to form especially being so young.

Patience is the key ingredient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shellie84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!!

Im so excited to tell you all this, literally five minutes ago Bailey was fast asleep on my knee!! This may sound daft or harsh but i love him so much more now. Maybe it was because Fudge was asleep on my mum's knee right next to me but he got on there first then came over to me, got really comfy, washed himself spread out and went off to sleep, im soooo happy!

This might be a one off for now but me and my Mum are amazed, he is still jumpy when we move but me and my mum kept talking the whole time and i made slight movements so that he knew it was me and not just a bit of furniture!

Unfortunately my phone was out of reach so couldnt take a pic.

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have had the exact same experience with our kitten, Indie!!!! we got a phone call on the day he was six weeks old telling we had to collect him and it was now or never. When we got him home he was scared and had loads of problems like fleas and worms as he was from a rather poor owner who did not care
i would advise you get him checked at a vets if the environment was not very good to be on the safe side
it took indie a week or so to settle and it inly really now that he will let us hold or cuddle him. (he is 12 weeks old friday) It may take a while but don't worry they should settle, at 6 weeks they should still be with mum ideally but if the home was not good then you have done the best thing in the long run. Are they on solids yet?? Good luck and let me know how you get on - you can always send me a private message if you want