Help the world's best-traveled three-legged asthmatic get an echocardiogram.

jasun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To Cat-Lovers everywhere

Garbanzo, that's the cat I live with, has been diagnosed with Cor Pulmonale after years of asthma and been given 6 months to live. Personally i don't believe it as he has lots of life still in him.

I have launched an Indiego campaign to try and raise the $800 for an ultrasound. Any contribution will help. All I need is 80 people to give $10, and if we don't make the target then the donations won't go through so your money is guaranteed to get G* his echocardiogram.

Rest assured I will make sure G* gets what he needs one way or another, but this is one of the ways I want to try, and your support will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks from me and G*! 

Last edited by a moderator:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
From the Mod Team Regarding Pleas for money:

Cats are a huge responsibility. Anyone who thinks otherwise, should not have one in their life. They are dependent on us for everything from providing a place to eat, to also providing vet care.

Anyone who has cats knows that they can and do get ill. Your best defense is to plan for that to happen before it does, and store monies away in preparation.

If you read about a plight of an animal on the internet and your heart is drawn to help. Check out the story thoroughly. Google the vet's name or call Directory Assistance in the city and be sure this is a legitimate claim.

Do not blindly send money into a paypal account no matter how heart-wrenching the story. Instead reach out to the member and ask for the vet's name and phone number, and arrange to send the money there for the specific needs of the cat in question.

If that information cannot be provided- you have your answer. Report the post to a moderator so that it can be removed for not being on the level.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand the caution, but anyone can simply click on the link and look into the campaign to see that it is legitimate.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's the standard disclaimer that's posted in all threads requesting money and not directed against you personally.

Last edited: