Help! Stress poop??

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry this is off my normal thread but I am concerned. My kitty CeCe got stressed out on Sunday (she has been hiding for the 4 weeks since we got her). We had to make some changes in the room where she hides and she was all over the place and so scared. Today she is pooping often, loose stools. Could this be stress related? I can’t even imagine if I have to try to get her to the vet since I am not able to go near her at all yet. I feel so sad for her!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I can't answer about the poop since I don't know what she's been eating et al and I'm hesitant to suggest anything other than to ask if you can give her some peace and calm (try and not enter her room so much for a while, and then just one of you, talk softly, sit on the floor, project only gentle confidence and calmness) and some cat music or classical harp music and maybe try a calming cat product.

If the loose poop continues much longer, you may have to take her in due to dehydration.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the support, she eats some canned food morning and evening, just a little. And crunchy food in between if she wants. Nothing new added, she is hiding on top of the bed now in between some pillows so I will let her rest. Poor girl

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sure will, thank you!! I wish I could comfort her but know it is best to leave her be since she is still so frightened.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, speaking of try a purr toy or a heartbeat toy. Those work wonders for kittens but can be helpful for older kitties too.

lovewilbur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could try to get some of that Feliway calming spray to spritz around the room she is in...and yes, would be a good idea to take her in if diarrhea continues because they can get dehydrated quickly.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, speaking of try a purr toy or a heartbeat toy. Those work wonders for kittens but can be helpful for older kitties too.
I was wondering about those! CeCe was attacked by another cat before I got her which caused her fear so I wasn’t sure if that would scare her?

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could try to get some of that Feliway calming spray to spritz around the room she is in...and yes, would be a good idea to take her in if diarrhea continues because they can get dehydrated quickly.
Thank you, I will definitely keep my eye on it. I have the feliway plug in but may try some of the spray also.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about those! CeCe was attacked by another cat before I got her which caused her fear so I wasn’t sure if that would scare her?
A wind up clock or ticking quartz clock (must be loud enough to hear in a quiet room)also works. Just make sure you turn off any alarms.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
**Update: CeCe seems better today, no more intestinal issues. I am avoiding going in the room too often to let her adjust to the changes in there. I also turned off the dim light last night, I hated putting her in the dark but then thought maybe she wants darkness so she can rest without feeling fearful. Hopefully that helped a bit. I love this kitty who I have never pet!