HELP!! Stray cat going into labor!

lolakittykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! A very friendly stray chose our backyard as her new home about a month ago. She was kind of round, and when we took her to the vet we found out that she was indeed pregnant, but they didn't know how far along.
We have tried to get her inside as we have prepared a nest for her in our casita. (We have 3 dogs and 2 very young children so she will have the privacy and peace and quiet that she needs in the casita). However, everytime we bring her in there she's completely content when we're with her but if we leave she gets very nervous and meows a lot, knocks stuff off shelves, and bolts for the door when we open it - so we haven't locked her in there, just let her come in once a day or so.

She now is very pregnant and as of today has a clear/pinkish vaginal discharge. From what I've read online, this is the first stage of labor.

Here's my question. Should I move her into the casita now and keep her in there? She's currently been sleeping all day on the couch on our outside patio. I don't want to stress her out and delay labor by moving her now... Would it be better to wait until all of the kittens are born and then move them together into the casita? When is it safe to do that?

Thank you!!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it does sound like she is in pre-labor and will be in active labor very soon.

I suggest bringing her indoors for her delivery.

Try to spend as much time with her as possible, especially now so she will calm down and settle in for her delivery.

Besides the fact that it is not safe for her to have them outside randomly, it will really be helpful to have you around in case nature doesn't work out as planned and she needs some help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lolakittykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! We have brought her inside and have spent most of the evening with her. She's meowing a lot, very affectionate, and continuing to have the pink mucusy discharge. We can see the kittens moving inside of her stomach, it's amazing! Waiting patiently as of now.