Help!!! Spencer won't eat :(

myrockymeister

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so wonderful Spencer is back to normal. I smile at the thought of him playing with his kitty toys again.

multicatowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear hes doing better. I like small vets to big vets.Call me old fashion,but I demand answers if I'm paying for services.Not from assistant,the vet. The assistants are there to help the vet and tell you how cute your pet is! When I lost Dusty from liver failure,my country vet told me to feed her whatever she would eat,and prep myself.I had her 24/7 number.Dusty was with me for 15+ yrs,adopted at 2-3 yrs old from local HS.[ was on weekly "special"], was blind and had arthitis. The morning of appointment, she got out of bed and walked 3-4 steps to me.She was done,her last steps to me.She rode to vet in warm towel on my lap purring.She went to sleep in my arms.The vet never charged for visit.Scared two young girls in waiting room,to see grown man,bawling like baby.Shes cremated and still with me,ashes,pics and tags.Very much in memories also,digs deep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spencers mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know how it feels, I lost pets before too and it hurts like hell. My Spencer it's actually his second brush with death, I adopted him 3 years ago from the SPCA he was in the "last chance" section :( apparently he was brought to the shelter after he was found in a house the previous tenants has just moved and left him there... And now this. He's been through enough, I just want him to have a good life from now on, hopefully. I'm just glad his blockage happened with us and not with his previous parents, who probably would not have had him hospitalized... I mean if you abandon a cat chances are you wouldn't have spent that kind of $ on him in the first place.

It's 11:45pm, he just ate a little more and had one good size pee! Yeeeeee I just keep hoping and asking someone up there to look out for him.

And I think Spencer's sisters are high on catnip... They're just tearing through the house like mental...

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Or Spencer's sisters know he's feeling better and are celebrating.

Great news!

spencers mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everybody :) Spencer is almost 100% back to normal. We had a great time with a laser earlier tonight... And he's eating we'll, and his pees are getting bigger. I'm so happy there's no words for it :) :) I'm hoping he stays well and I guess for now I'll be taking my posts to the nutrition forum, I want to cut the dry food for my 3 cats completely. I've seen the harm it can cause.
And as for Spencer's bout of anorexia after coming back from the hospital, I'm pretty convinced it was the antibiotics (Clavamox) and the diazepam's fault. To consider if anyone here has a cat that won't eat and is currently taking these meds!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you got him eating at least some of his prescription food? :cross: :vibes:

(I know you said he's eating, I was just wondering what he's eating. :lol3: ).

Last edited:

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so happy to hear that Spencer is doing so well! Yes, medications always have side effects, some worse than others. It's good to always check these, petplace.com is a wonderful resource for that. 

myrockymeister

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never knew dry food could be bad for cats before I came on this site. My vet told me wet food was bad for teeth, so I always fed my cats dry food. I think I'd rather risk them having bad teeth than all the other health problems related to giving dry food. 

Heheh, I like imagining Spencer's sisters throwing a catnip party in his honor.

spencers mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Laurie (nice name btw it's my middle name lol) he's eating Royal Canin Urinary canned, mixed with the same but in kibbles. He's still unsure about eating canned by itself.

spencers mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never knew dry food was bad either! But now that I've read about it it makes sense. I hope your cat gets better myrockymeister. Spencer didn't eat much for almost a week and I think we were cutting it really close, I'm so grateful he didn't get liver problems. Hang in there for your cat, it's so worth it, I wouldn't have it any other way :)