Help! Somebody Urinating In Bed!!!

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats-a male and female, approximately one year apart, approximately 5.5 and 4.5 years old, and a male, approximately 1 year. A couple of weeks ago, I awoke to find that a sweatshirt that was next to me in bed, was wet. I didn't even think about the possibility that one of the cats urinated on it. Today, I found the same thing-a wet shirt.

I have litter boxes upstairs, so there is no problem with access. I recently posted that my older male has been acting strangely, for the past month or so. I don't believe my female would do this. I think it's definitely one of the males. Why would this be occurring and how do I stop it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a UTI. Are they getting enough canned food every day?

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes. They get canned with just a littl bit of dry. I’m going to buy non-absorbent litter and get their urine tested.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When is the last time they had a vet check up? Maybe the older male is acting strangely because of a physical problem. Sorry if you addressed this issue in a different post since I am not familiar with it.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I shoukd get them checked out. I want my older male to have blood work but my vet isn’t able to handle him. The last time they tried getting blood from him, it very traumatic, unsuccessful, and he ended up with a wound. I may have to find another vet. The younger male isn’t ised to a carrier and he won’t let me pick him up. Even with a mobile vet, I have no way to corral him into a room where he could be examined.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think it would be beneficial to try and have your vet examine one or both of your male cats if they have not had a check up in awhile. Regarding the difficulty getting the younger male into a carrier, you may find this Article helpful: Beware The Dreaded Cat Carrier

As for the older male, would it be possible to contact your vet and ask for their recommendation concerning something to relax him prior to an exam or blood work? Please keep us posted on their progress. Fingers crossed for good news.:crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I emailed around and found a vet experienced with ferals. He just scruffed my former feral Demi and he was fine. Next time I think I will take them in the cat bag I found on Chewy. It goes over their head and unzips on the bottom for shots.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our cat Hannah is often very combative with vets. My vet gave me an Rx of gabapentin for her. I give it to her two hours before her vet appointment to calm her down.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ll have to get something for him. So far, I’ve gotten 2 of 3 urine samples. I’m waiting for results. The problem is getting the older male to go in the hydrophobic litter. I trid before and he wouldn’t use it. I tried both the sand and the plastic beads with him before. I have the sand again but keeping the other two out of that box will be sifficult.