Help. Snow storm coming

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Praying for Ronald . Hopefully someone took him in or is feeding him.

catclan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got 10 inches of snow here, and I didn't see any sign of my outside community for three days. Then they started trickling in again and I finally trapped one who's been slipping through my fingers too.

My thoughts are with everyone who is still waiting.

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm also suffolk county LI (ronk) and got the 30".
Last winter was so mild - this was a first for at least 7 of my 16. I'm more concerned for my old man ronald (deaf).

I saw 3 of them today, made me feel better. Hearing that Bella is choosing to stay in her house makes me believe that the others are just keeping warm rather than coming to eat.

I don't blame them. Luckily everyone ate BIG (lost of repeat trips to the food stations) before the storm hit.

prayers and vibes for all the furr babies (young and old) and their caretakers.
Skor with all this melting Ronald should be around unless like someone said he was taken in? Will pray for his safe return and please let us know if you hear anything. hugs

skor220

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ronkonkoma, NY (suffolk county; Long Island)
Skor, I missed oreo that first night back, but she was possibly there without me seeing her. Hopefully Ronald already made his way back without you knowing, or if not hoping he's close by.  From what I'm learning these cats are pretty smart and won't leave their food source. how old is ronald? praying he finds his way back to you.  
I'm not sure how old he is. Only started coming around (visibly) about 2 years ago. I think after I got all the other kitties neutered he could be less sneaky about getting food.

TNR really calms the cats and let's the colony take a community shape.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and good vibes! Everyone is accounted for!

I'm glad to hear all the happy endings to a stressful time - for all of us.

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that is wonderful to hear Skor! i am so glad that all of your crew have been accounted for, must be a huge load off of your mind.

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes great news Skor! So glad ronald came back! Just moved to my house 2mos ago and each kitty is afraid of each other. Already had to tnr one cat but looks like I'll need to do one possibly two more. My Oreo is just afraid of all of the other kitties and she's the only one I don't see every day. Saw her two days ago but not since. She used to be here like clockwork at 7pm. Based on your comment that Ronald maybe hid until you fixed the other cats I suspect she's maybe coming in to eat quickly and then running off. I think I'll catch them next week before any more multiply!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news lets hope there are no more storms

boymike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's called, a shovel. I do it. DO NOT PUT HER IN THE CAR. She'll have a heart attack. She'll be cool in the heate dhouse until the snow stopps. Or, shovel every 4-6 inches. My God, where do you live? The cat will be able to get out. Just make sure the snow doesn't completely cover the door of the house. Trust me, these buggers (ferals) are resiliant. Hense the name. Sounds like your cat has an amazing owner.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's called, a shovel. I do it. DO NOT PUT HER IN THE CAR. She'll have a heart attack. She'll be cool in the heate dhouse until the snow stopps. Or, shovel every 4-6 inches. My God, where do you live? The cat will be able to get out. Just make sure the snow doesn't completely cover the door of the house. Trust me, these buggers (ferals) are resiliant. Hense the name. Sounds like your cat has an amazing owner.
Just a note that this thread is over a month old. If you had read the followup posts you would have seen that she didn't put the cat in the car and that they did shovel periodically.