**Help** Sick 13 day old Kitten!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, Spaying and neutering before they go to new homes is a great idea! And so considerate! The vets will normally spay and neuter after they weigh 2lbs!

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nikki_e

He got a male cat about two years ago. He is planning on getting him neutered soon. And then there is Marguerite, who showed up a little over a month ago maybe? And she has the 6 babies. So no, none of them are spayed or neutered, yet. But the adults go in and out for bathroom, exercise and whatnot.

And also, would it be a good idea to do an early spay/neuter for the kittens at around 12-13 weeks, before they go to new homes?
It is really great that the kitty is doing so good !

can you really spay/neuter so early, my vet wont do it till they are 4 months...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Oh yeah, Spaying and neutering before they go to new homes is a great idea! And so considerate! The vets will normally spay and neuter after they weigh 2lbs!
How old should they be at 2 lbs? I think he is getting his male spayed by the Animobile from the local Humane Society. I wonder if they do the young spay/neuter too?

I am also thinking one of the babies might be underweight, so I am going to weigh them all tomorrow. I don't know if he is nursing enough though....

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a pretty kitty!!

Yes you can really spay that early! 2lbs is when my vet will do it, Mine are 14 weeks right now and are getting it done soon! (they were scheduled for the 31st but the vet doesn't want to do it then because my kitties have ringworm, and they could spread it to other animals)

Ive heard of many vets doing it that early though! I think Eek was about 2lbs at 8 weeks! When he got weighed in yesterday he was 3lbs 15oz!! He's huge! LOL

Wish you luck!

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok great. The guy that owns the cat is keeping the kittens unless he can find a home for them, so he will be getting them spayed and neutered hopefully before they go to their new homes. Then we don't have to worry about them having kittens.

Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! Mo is doing so much better and his eyes look great!

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would love to post of pic of the litter for you! I will have to do it tomorrow though. :-)

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I love them!

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww thank you. Ifeellike they are mine, even though I am just helping my neighbour out! But they are the most precious things I have ever seen! :-)

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I dont think they'll be any trouble adopting them out! They are absolutly beautiful! Really incredible actually! It looks like a little white pile of snow, with a splash of black just for fun! I hope you do keep one at least!! How fun would that be!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
gorgeous momma and babies.

I think you're doing a fantastic job

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for helping these wonderful babies! And it true, the mother is very pretty, no wonder why these little hearts are so cute!

nikki_e

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks you so much everyone! My friend is hoping to at least keep Boots, the little white and black kitten. If he doesn't fid homes for all of them, he will keep them, instead of putting them in a shelter or rescue. I am going to make sure he gets them all spayed (as well as Mama) as soon as they can be done. But they truly are gorgeous, and getting more adorable and playful everyday.

Originally Posted by Mawilouwl

Thanks for helping these wonderful babies! And it true, the mother is very pretty, no wonder why these little hearts are so cute!
Thanks! Marguerite is gorgeous, I agree. I have no idea how anyone could let her become a stray! But now she has a good home and a bunch of cute kids!