Help selecting adoptive family

tarolli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I care for a feral colony- feed, trap, neuter. I raise orphan kittens as well. Right now I have the
most gentle kitten to place.

I have a family with 2 dogs, 2 cats, a 7 month wild kitten. They are interested in my 2-month. aby to keep the older kitten from annoying the cats to get them to play.

I was hoping to place this sweet, gentle kitten where there no rough kids, dogs, or cats. The kittens whom I have previously raised were so much rougher than this girl.

I just started advertising her on adopt-a-pet. She has been on Craigs list for a while. This is the only offer I've had for her. I don't want to deprive her of a home. But I worry if she would be tormented by the other animals. She is good at squeezing into tiny hiding places.

Help. What should I do?

amcm74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Perhaps you could share your concern with the family and give them a trail period. If she doesn't settle in they can bring her back. You knew know with cats. They always seems to surprise you

whollycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since you are feeling apprehensive about this, you should follow your gut instincts. To me it sounds like this home is not a good fit for your gentle little girl. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a trial period in their home either--who knows what could happen to her? Sorry, JMHO. Hey, she's only around 8 weeks old, so you do have time to find her a suitable furrever home.

Heck, a very close friend of mine just adopted a papered Maine Coon who is about a year old because his previous mom was being particularly careful about who he would go to.

One thing that bothered me is you mentioned posting on Craig's List...do you think that is safe? I've heard of horror stories of kitties being procured for all sorts of awful things off CL.