Help see if my cats spay incision is infected

Lypholt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Esme got spayed a couple days ago counting today is day 8. She kept going out of her collar and so I changed it to bodysuit. She also gets out from that too but not as much. Well today she fled out again and I noticed that her spay wound was a little swelled up but she doesn’t seem to be in pain still running around and very energized. Yea very energized but whenever I put her on the bodysuit she her energy goes down and just starts sleeping. She also gaged today morning but seemed fine. I tried contacting the vet but they didn’t have the time I needed (appointment 9-10 I have school and was already absence once) and my whole week is important like midterms so is esmes problem like I need to contact a vet or it’s just it can heal by itself? 6B5CB577-5A9A-4620-9B2B-0E7150854EC0.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lypholt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Esme got spayed a couple days ago counting today is day 8. She kept going out of her collar and so I changed it to bodysuit. She also gets out from that too but not as much. Well today she fled out again and I noticed that her spay wound was a little swelled up but she doesn’t seem to be in pain still running around and very energized. Yea very energized but whenever I put her on the bodysuit she her energy goes down and just starts sleeping. She also gaged today morning but seemed fine. I tried contacting the vet but they didn’t have the time I needed (appointment 9-10 I have school and was already absence once) and my whole week is important like midterms so is esmes problem like I need to contact a vet or it’s just it can heal by itself? View attachment 413152
And yeah she originally had her stitches 3, but she pulled out all of them. After pulling our 2 I already visited the vet and it was still a clean wound so it was fine and after pulling out her 3rd stitch, it also looks the same so I just left it like that. Is this dangerous? !?(・_・;?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The incision looks good, but the swelling is very concerning. Can you email those images to the vet or take her in for a follow up appointment?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like she's fairly well healed already. Does she bother the incision now? Maybe you could forward the photos to the vet and see what they say...

Lypholt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like she's fairly well healed already. Does she bother the incision now? Maybe you could forward the photos to the vet and see what they say...
She does groom herself and yes I’m gonna talk to the vet but there isn’t enough time for me so I just wanted to make sure she’s at least okay right now :))

Lypholt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The incision looks good, but the swelling is very concerning. Can you email those images to the vet or take her in for a follow up appointment?
I will tyy

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agree on this.
It could be she's developing a seroma, which isn't a big deal - it's just accumulated fluid and eventually will dissipate, though could take several weeks to fully go back to normal. Nothing needs to be done other than some warm compresses a couple of times a day.

Our girl developed one around a week after her spay - the vet never mentioned it could happen and I kind of freaked out. She was my first kitten and first time dealing with spaying. Saw the vet the next day (this was before covid so easier to get in the door fast). Hers took about a month to level out.

The vet probably will take a look at photos if you send them - call and ask the front desk if that's a possibility. The incision itself does look good hence why I don't think it's anything too serious.