Help! Rescued 2 kittens and unsure of sex

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're in rough shape, poor babies! I think you have a girl and a boy there, or maybe 2 girls. The first one is definitely a girl. The second one I'm not positive about---the opening looks round like a boy but there doesn't seem to be any room for testicles to grow in. It would be funny if they were both girls after she told you that :D. It's best to have the vet take a look when you bring them in for de-worming and stuff.

The ratio for orange cats is about 75% male to 25% female, so, yeah, orange boys are more common but orange girls aren't super rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hb33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're in rough shape, poor babies! I think you have a girl and a boy there, or maybe 2 girls. The first one is definitely a girl. The second one I'm not positive about---the opening looks round like a boy but there doesn't seem to be any room for testicles to grow in. It would be funny if they were both girls after she told you that :D. It's best to have the vet take a look when you bring them in for de-worming and stuff.

The ratio for orange cats is about 75% male to 25% female, so, yeah, orange boys are more common but orange girls aren't super rare.

Thank you so much! Both parents are wild, so they were really in rough shape! The dad is a long hair orange tabby and and she said the mom is orange and white calico.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If both parents were orange it may well be a female. They probably need baths, de-fleaing, and you could trim the fur on the fluffy one’s behind area so it stays cleaner. Do get them vet checked, and thank you for rescuing them! :)