Help Request: To follow a vet recommendation or not?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I think the most important things is the veterinarian and their staff recognize a cat is not a dog and that cat owners are very bit as passionate about their pets as dog owners are. Dog science does not apply to Cat science.

Really I think if you find a clinic that is promoting the most current protocols in vaccination safety you're onto something.
Agree
My vet is more of a dog bet but he knows cats, too. If he's ever stumped, and he has when my previous cat was hospitalized in the ICU, he has a whole vet hospital with vets of nearly every imaginable specialty available to consult with. I take my pets to a very well known vet hospital that is more like a mini top notch Human hospital, only with furry four legged patients and the occasional feathered and other exotic patient

When I said my vet lets me tell him what to do, I don't mean that he's clueless. I mean that he knows that I'm a well informed pet owner and really advocates for my cat's health and treatment. He listens to my concerns and suggestions and we discuss all the options. I've even suggested an insulin to try when the current insulin wasn't working well. The new one was very new to being used in cats (it's actually an insulin for Humans) and there wasn't a lot of info on how it works for cats but the vet listened to my concerns about the current insulin and how the new insulin could be better. He had never heard of it but let me give the new insulin a try and it ended up working pretty well.