Help please!!

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, need some advice. My girl maisie gave birth on the 8th/9th. Today i noticed she loos a bit sore and red 'down there' and when i just went in now to check theres a small drop blood on the vetbed. Does she need the vet, any ideas what this could be?! I am thinking i will phone now and just ask.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be fine - probably just from delivering. If there is any strong bad smell or there is green, then she needs to see a vet pronto - green means retained after birth - dangerous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no, nothing green or smelly, just fresh red blood. She is slightly off her food since the babies, but nothing major. I'll keep an eye, just a nervous first time mum!!!!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a small amount of blood for the first 10 days after delivery is fine , if it does get a lot more or you do get really worried then phone the vet and ask there advice.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's Maisie now? Fingers crossed this is all normal post delivery symptoms. Did you call the vet? If so, What did they say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi yes, i did call the vet just to be on the safe side....i am such a worrier

she said same as you guys not to worry too much unless there was a lot or funny colour or any signs of mastitis etc.

Her appetite perked up a bit tonight too, so i am happier!

Kitties have all gained weight today too, yey!