Help please these appeared about 10 days ago and i cant tell what they are,should I worry ??

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Is it annoying him? ie is he scratching or showing discomfort?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try washing the area gently with warm water. This could be random crud, it happens. If the cloth turns red when you wash it, then you have a flea problem, and what your seeing is "flea dirt," the dried blood that they...um...eliminate. I'm trying to see if I am actually looking at some small raised areas where the dark spots are. If so, you could be dealing with some sort of dermatitis, and a vet visit would be indicated. But try the warm water wash first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jude101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try washing the area gently with warm water. This could be random crud, it happens. If the cloth turns red when you wash it, then you have a flea problem, and what your seeing is "flea dirt," the dried blood that they...um...eliminate. I'm trying to see if I am actually looking at some small raised areas where the dark spots are. If so, you could be dealing with some sort of dermatitis, and a vet visit would be indicated. But try the warm water wash first.

Jude101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright thanks alot this really helped

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might go to a farm supply store like Tractor supply or Orschelns and get a wound spray to apply. If the spray scares him drench a cotton ball with it and apply it. It couldn't be just a rash that will heal on its own, it could be from scratching because of a food allergy, or it could be fleas. Stroke him and roll him over so you can examine the abdomen. look through the hair where the thighs join the torso. The hair is really thin here and you should see fleas. Look quick because of how fast they are, they are very tiny and black. How is the ear canal, is it filled with black crud? that could indicate ear mites, but he would be scratching almost constantly at his ears. A little black is just dirt. I wouldn't treat them unless you see them.

Jude101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might go to a farm supply store like Tractor supply or Orschelns and get a wound spray to apply. If the spray scares him drench a cotton ball with it and apply it. It couldn't be just a rash that will heal on its own, it could be from scratching because of a food allergy, or it could be fleas. Stroke him and roll him over so you can examine the abdomen. look through the hair where the thighs join the torso. The hair is really thin here and you should see fleas. Look quick because of how fast they are, they are very tiny and black. How is the ear canal, is it filled with black crud? that could indicate ear mites, but he would be scratching almost constantly at his ears. A little black is just dirt. I wouldn't treat them unless you see them.
He had ear mites that I just got rid of and these appeared in the middle of the treatment, and yes he was scratching alot

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah. Well, I'm so happy to hear that it help him. Bless his heart, ear mites are a BEAR!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would bet then that these are bites from the mites and scratching from him. If the mites are gone now, this should start clearing up in a week or so.