help please. some questions on a missing cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emjem2211

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys. I will def take him to vet but i need him to come out from under cabinets first. Is that a normal reaction that he doesn't know inside of his own home. If so when should he start to come out and explore more? I was totally unprepared for this scenario. I thought once i got him inside he'd know exactly where he was. . . Its making me doubt that its actually my cat . Its hard to tell since sue was all black and iv only seen this one in the dark. . I wont be sure until i can have him scanned as sue is mictochipped. But how longwill it take him to come round if it is sue. He's eating and drinking well but only when no one is around.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats will actually fight when just one has been to the vet, their smells are different. Yours has been gone a week, the other cat doesn't know him as his brother any more, it will take a while. It will take a while for EVERYTHING to return to normal. His brother is stressing him out, I agree he needs some alone time to adjust. Be calm and give him extra attention and love. He is really stressed!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take him to the vet now. You can get him out from under the cabinet and then afterwards let him hide. But if he is stressed he could very well become sick and you need to stop that before it starts. Suggest if you have never done blood work on him, that you have your vet do it now so you have a starting point. You have no clue what happened to him outside and he doesn't smell like the same cat that your other cat remembers so fighting is quite common.