HELP pilling cat please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karenkaren07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much to everyone that replied and helped me with this situation!

I do feel that it is getting easier, and last night he ate the soft treats I offered him (I knew he couldn't hold off for long!
). However, I don't want to risk making him suspicious again by hiding his meds in them, so I'm going to continue pilling him manually. I think I'm getting much better, thanks to everyone's help and feedback. It's very reassuring to know that many cats have been pilled this way, and have not choked, and that it will get easier over time.

Compared to Dusty's Mom's post, I have it pretty good!

I don't have any pictures yet, but when I get some I'll post them in the introductions forum. Thanks again everybody; we really appreciate it!

charlie05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to give Charlie meds and I put it in a soft pocket and take just tacked that soft pill pocket onto a hard treat that he liked, so that he just tasted the hard treat really and not the soft pill pocket.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karenkaren07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried that, but he ate around the soft treat and only ate the hard treat

Thank you for your tip though!
Manually pilling him has gotten much easier so I think I'll continue with that and hopefully it'll keep getting easier.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by karenkaren07

Manually pilling him has gotten much easier so I think I'll continue with that and hopefully it'll keep getting easier.
It gets easier with practice. I have 2 cats on permanent medications - pills every other day for the rest of their lives. I can do them in under a minute now - it takes me longer to get up and get the pill than it does to get them to swallow it.

I'm glad to hear that things are going smoother.