Help! Our Cat is Stuck in Attic

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great to hear this! Did you close up the entrance so she can't go back in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We did seal up the attic...I don't think she'll be getting in there anytime soon. LOL.

Fantastic! I bet she sauntered into the living room like she hadn't been up there all week too. Do you wonder if your being ill had anything to do with her coming out? Was she more attached to you than the rest of your family? Ahhh... who cares... shes out!
Yes she did saunter into the living room, then quickly bolted into the kitchen for breakfast (apparently she heard her sister rummaging through their food dishes).

I don't really know if is she more attached to me than anyone else. We do hang out alot together in the AM (I'm up two hours ahead of everyone else because of my work schedule). She'll sit in the kitchen chair next to me while I'm eating breakfast. On the other hand, she spends a great deal of time in my son's bedroom. At night, her favorite spot is next to his feet at the bottom of the bed. He's very close to her in fact he spent the most time in the crawlspace trying to coax her out of there.

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! That is quite a story - cats find the craziest hidey holes. I am glad you got her out of there though because cats have to eat. They cannot afford NOT to. Poor baby! She was probably so scared! So glad you have a good ending.

catwoman66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All I can say is good luck.  Animal Control in Los Angeles will not go into attics since they call this a free roaming cat and since it got into the attic on it's own, it will get out on it's own.  They couldn't even give me any referral to contact anyone to help me.  They suggested a wildlife rescue and I've spent hours online looking for someone with no luck.  So, my scared cat is in an attic in a corner to which I have no physical access, he will not respond to food, coaxing, or anything else.  It's a first time situation, and he's an indoor cat, so, mouse bait, not a good idea, he wouldn't know what to do with it.  I have no answers, just a statement of complaint that Animal Control wouldn't do a thing, not even some sort of referral to a private animal organization that rescues cats from attics or trees.