Help on Coloring?

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Just wondering what my Java's color would be called (besides 50 Shades of Brown, hehe). I generally just say she is brown and white or tan and white but there is more to it than that. However, if that is what it would rightly be called, then so be it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh so even with the orange being on only her nose/ear, she would be a tortie point? Interesting.
 Thank you for answering!

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One side of her is seal and the other side of her is blue. When I am telling you her coloring is weird, it really is. It is hard to tell from the picture, but she has the very dark seal, patches of blue, a shade of grey, the orange point and tabby marks on the left side of her face, and then the white.

I completely understand the tortie point, because it is there. I just never connected the two because one of her siblings was completely white with flame points. But the tortie makes since because she DOES have all three of those colors on her. I am just used to the "standard" tortie that you usually see with the black/orange mottling or orange through it.

Lol and yes, she has a good amount of white on her too!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The colour on her body will be paler - that's the nature of colourpoints.  Is there any blue on her head, tail or lower legs?  If there is can we have a closeup taken in natural daylight - near the window looking away from it? 

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The more I look at it, the more it just looks more brown than grey, so I would just say a lighter version of seal instead of the blue. I will try my hardest to get her to sit still to show you the leg I am talking about.

Last edited:

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea, it is definitely seal. The lighter coloring is what was throwing me off, but as you said, it would make sense that her body/upper legs would get lighter.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One side of her is seal and the other side of her is blue. 
She can't be both. Blue is the dilute of seal, you can't be both dilute and dense. As you've figured out she is seal :)

Can we have another photo in natural light as OS requested? 

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You sure can
. I just have to wait until tomorrow since there is not much natural light left tonight. I so appreciate the responses guys! And thank you to everyone who said she is pretty. She is my Schnoogims Boogims

Last edited: