HELP! Not sure how to handle this......

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it will all work out in time.
I believe cats think their job is to see how much stress they can direct our way before we end up in the looney bin. Out job is to always give love and try to stay out of the looney bin.

One day you will find yourself kicking back relaxing and all of a sudden it will come to you that you don't know when you last had to tell them to stop their fighting. That's about the time you start thinking a new kitten would be nice.

I wish you well with your feuding felines.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

I think it will all work out in time.
I believe cats think their job is to see how much stress they can direct our way before we end up in the looney bin. Out job is to always give love and try to stay out of the looney bin.

One day you will find yourself kicking back relaxing and all of a sudden it will come to you that you don't know when you last had to tell them to stop their fighting. That's about the time you start thinking a new kitten would be nice.

I wish you well with your feuding felines.
Tru, I long for the day of relaxing when they are all togerher..And yes, I may consider heading off to the local shelter for another..
Can'thave too many cats!
I will keep you updated..
Judith

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Judith, I was wondering about you yesterday while thinking about my kitties fighting... Hopefully your kitties will be able to work it out(& hopefully mine will, too!).

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Judith, I was wondering about you yesterday while thinking about my kitties fighting... Hopefully your kitties will be able to work it out(& hopefully mine will, too!).
Hi White cat lover...
Well I'm happy to have company but I'm sorry you are having trouble also.
Have things improved for you at all?

Yesterday we did not let them together.
Somedays I just can't follow them around so we swap them from room to room. Tonight I will make time for a get together.

I have a hard time letting them get close because I'm afraid someone will get hurt but I need to get over that and let them decide on who is the alpha cat.. I already know!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blaze is the same way with Lilly and now Corwin.Even though we've had Corwin for some time and she took him under her wing.When I brought in Lilly, we did the slow intros......but still Blaze hates Lilly.She has even started hissing,swatting,growling at Corwin.So, I just keep them as seperate as I can at all times,unless I am right there to observe them.
Sometimes you just have to let them work it out,but if there is blood shed,then it's time to step in.
Good luck!!
I think some cats are just ALOT happier to be a only cat.

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Crittermom,
It's so hard to keep them seperated.. My biggest fear is one of my kids may let them together not realizing it then go out! Hopefully I can get them to tolorate each other enough to not kill each other. I think it's working but I don't want to test it out.
How long have you had your kitty issues?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Judith, I know my Lily got shut in the basement with the "Ophelia Monster" for sevearl hours the other day. Poor girl...but she was smart & found a way to hide safely!

Things have improved enough to the point where after that incident, I can get them both inthe same room. I let them fight last night & there was fur flying...they both took good naps then!
I couldn't believe it, though...after the fight they both slept(& not shifty slept) soundly on the same floor of the house!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until I brought Wickett home I had never heard a cat spit. Well, upon their first meeting Frankie puffed up and began hissing and spitting at him. I udes treats and toys as others suggested but what I think really did it was cat nip. They were both so absorbed in it and what they were doing alone that they kind of forgot the ohter was there. They tolerate eachother now... and on a very rare occasion I'll catch them doing some mutual grooming... of course someone usually gets carried away and starts biting.

Next time they get into it try holding off as long as you can. If you can see that someone is getting hurt then break it up but until them let the cats fight.

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so happy this thread re-opened.

So, does everyone think I should pretty much let them fight it out?
And do you think I will make progress in them getting along doing that??
I think I know the answer..

It seems the way to go to move past where I am now. I feel like nothing is changing..

I

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it seems to me that they're not together enough to figure out their dominance issues.
Have you tried Soft Paws - the little rubber caps you can glue onto their claws? That would keep the worst of the bloodshed from happening. Cats aren't pack or herd animals like horses or dogs, but I find that they still need to know where they are in the pecking order. My cats will usually just coexist beside each other, even at meal time, and then once in a while, the eldest has to set everyone straight with who's boss. Usually just a cat chase and then it's over. I don't want to see any cats hurt, but should they fight until there's a winner? I might have to go Google this subject!