HELP - New Queen ignores kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chraust

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well I brought the kitten in last night. This morning he is very lathargic and I cant get him to eat. I am keeping him wrapped in warm towels and he is pottying fine. but he isnt even meowing anymore. My alergies are tolerable adult or kitten, it is my son who quits breathing. Right now I am just hoping this one pulls thru. He hasnt eaten pedialyte, KMR or from mom in 5 hours. I have tried all three.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In a last ditch effort, get to the vet and ask him to show you how to tube feed. Sounds like the kitten is failing

Good luck and bless you for trying

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try this (if it isn't to late) brew up some coffee, let it cool at room temp. Put a small amount of coffee in a syringe, and very slowly drip it on the kitten's tongue. Black coffee, warm not cold, just a few drips to see if it will jump start it. Add a small amount of Karo syrup to the next batch of formula. Be sure that the nipple is actually giving out milk (sometimes it plugs up) Nurse the kitten while it is in an upright position (some people tend to turn them over on their back and cuddle them while they eat) They have to eat while on all fours.

Best of luck- please update when you can. I hope the kitten is still around for you to try this. Please get your females spayed. Sounds like you might have a male that is infectious in your area which is why most of the kittens didn't make it. Contact a local rescue group in your area (be patient they are probably slammed with cats/kittens right now) ask for help, tell them if they help trap neuter and release your colony, you will donate to their organization.

Best of luck-