Help New Kittens

Catnisseverdean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat just gave birth to two kittens under my bed. We also have a male cat and I have a 6 year old daughter and a boyfriend who snores like a freight train. The only place quiet and secluded in my house is a closet in my bathroom. After I let Momma rest for a few hours under the bed and feed the babies I decided to move the three of them I gave Momma cat some wet kitten food and she came running into the closet to eat it I then went under the bed and picked the 2 kittens up with a warm blanket and safely moved them next to Momma in the closet I put them in a box turned on its side so it's like a cave I put a new litter box near by in the bathroom and fresh food and water (prior to moving them) when I had all three in there I cracked the door with the lights off and waited silently to see what she would do. She immediately picked up one of the kittens and tried to move it. She was being very aggressive with the kitten and hurting it when picking it up and she couldn't get out of the bathroom because I closed the door so she started walking around with the poor kitten screaming in her mouth. She finally dropped it and walked away for a sec so I scooped it up and put it back in the box with the other kitten and the mom I then closed the closet door more to where I can't even see in and she hasn't come out yet. I am scared to intervine to much and cause this situation to get worse but I'm worried about the babies. I don't know where else to move her. I'm scared She's going to hurt them what should I do :'(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom is upset at being moved. What is the reason that she cannot stay under the bed with her kittens?

Hopefully mom will settle down in the closet soon. Is the door ajar?

Is your male cat neutered?

Do you plan to spay mom after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catnisseverdean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont mean to be rude but I didn't ask about spaying or neutering I asked what to do.

As I said before under the bed is cold and I have a boyfriend who snores and a 6 year old daughter and another cat so it is not a quiet safe area

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catnisseverdean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update : as soon as I opened the bathroom door she grabbed one of the kittens and moved it. She has left the other one alone and is. Ignoring its cries what do I do ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Move the other kitten to where mom is with the first kitten. They all need to be together.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, let mom bring them where she wants to. Your 6 year old is old enough to be taught to leave them alone, and the snoring must not bother them. Make the bedroom off limits to the child, I saw a 6 year old squeeze a kitten to death and wouldn't want you to go through that.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please also be aware that mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without her going into heat. It's not safe for her to to be around intact males until the kittens have weaned.