HELP NEW KITTEN GOT LOOSE POOP ON CARPET

zazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HELP , HELP , HELP, 

MY NEW KITTEN GOT POOP IN 4 BIG SPOTS ON CARPET, I GUESS HE THOUGHT HE WAS DONE , AND IT LEAKED AS HE WAS WALKING. I HAVE A ANOTHER CAT, JUST GETTING USED TO HIM. HELP, WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW WILL THEY KEEP GOING THERE , I THOUGHT THAT WAS USUALLY WITH PEE BUT , IS IT THE SAME WITH POOP, AND IF SO WHAT DO I USE TO STOP THEM.  OH MY GOSH IM SO STRESSED NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE CATS IN MY APT. BUT I COULD NOT LET THEM BE ABANDONED, AND I AM SPOTLESS, SO I THOUGHT THAT WOULD NOT MATTER.  PLEASE TELL ME IT WONT BE A CONTINUING PROBLEM NOW? PLEASE  (BTW, THE REASON HIS STOOL WAS LOOSE , HE GOT INTO ZAZZY'S WET FOOD.)  THIS IS TO MUCH FOR ME. MY SON I BLAMING ME FOR THIS.  PLEASE HELP I AM VERY OVERWHELMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS,            
                        ( SORRY BOUT CAPS, THEY STICK SOMETIMES)

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i suggest coming up with a agreement with your landlord to let you keep them or find homes for them. i think those are only things you can do. i sure the landlord would not be happy if he or she finds out you been hiding the cats. i just hope he will give you time to find them homes if he does find out. we appreciate you taking them in and providing food and water and warmth and attention. but i would not take the risk you losing your home or the cats ending up in the streets.

for cleaning the floor or carpet use a enzyme cleaner. that will remove all traces of their poop or pee and should stop them going there.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

zazzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello ,  Thank you for the response, but I am sure he knows about the one , he asked me and  I told him the truth he was my sisters cat at the time, and  I just never gave him back! and as far as the baby my granddaughters mother (the original owner) will be taking him back as soon as she gets another place, and leaves her mom's.  She had to go to her mothers temporarily, due to problems with her pregnancy and not being able to go back to work until after her child is born.  So to answer your question, I have had zazzy for almost 5 years, and  I AM SPOTLESS IN THIS HOME, CLEAN DAILY! CHILDREN ARE WORSE ON ANY APARTMENT UNIT THAN ANY ANIMAL COULD EVER BE! ( my only child was not , but most now a day's are allowed to make a mess) I AM BY FAR MY LANDLORDS BEST TENANT, NEVER LATE RENT, HOME SPOTLESS! QUIET. SO THIS CAT IS NOT HURTING ANYTHING! AND IF HE SAID I HAD TO GET RID OF MY ZAZZY I WOULD SIMPLY GET A NEW APARTMENT THE ALLOWS CAT'S. SIMPLE, SO BACK TO THE CARPET , WILL THE FACT THAT THE KITTEN WENT ON IT, MAKE ZAZZY GO THERE OR WILL HE KEEP GOING THERE???? IF I NEED TO I CAN JUST RE CARPET THE UNIT. DO NOT WANT TO GO THAT ROUTE, BUT I AM NOT CRAZY BOUT IT ANYWAY.  THEY ARE BOTH USING LITTER BOXES JUST FINE, HE JUST LEAKED, BECAUSE HE GOT INTO ZAZZY'S WET FOOD. OK I SEE WHERE YOU SUGGESTED AN ENZYME CLEANER, WHAT IS THAT, I HAVE LOT'S OF CLEANERS HERE ?

THANKS, Again my computer will not always UNLOCK CAPS, IT JUST WONT LET ME UNLOCK AT TIMES. SO SOME TEXT CANT GET OUT OF CAPS. SORRY

Last edited:

rlavach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is no need to panic after only 1 instance. I understand that you feel upset that this might happen again, but no need to worry for nothing. Like the previous poster stated, use an enzymatic cleaner. Nature's miracle is one of the most common. You can find them at any pet store & often at grocery stores. You can even ask an employee for suggestions or see if one is particularly made for carpets. There is no reason to believe it will happen again just yet. If you are really paranoid, perhaps purchase puppy pads and place them under & around the litter box. That way if there are any drippings that make it past the box, it will fall on the puppy pads.