Help needed for Lucy cat

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sure everyone remembers Lucy and what happened with my roommate. DH talked to him about it, and he laughed it off. I want to find her a new home. She is one of my babies, I have had her and her brothers since April. I can't let my baby be abused by this man.
I am pretty sure he leaves my boys alone, but if I caught him hurting them, they will also need a new place to live. Sadly, us moving is not an option until next summer. So, if anyone knows of anyone in or near the panhandle of florida and could assist me in finding this sweet girl a home, please let me know.
It just pains me that in a year, we would be good to go. If you have any ideas for me, please share. I am just heartbroken over this.

Just so everyone knows, she is a moderately social kitty. She loves to cuddle, but doesn't enjoy over-fondling like her brother Lennon. She is all right with dogs (at least she is with my Quinnie) but has never had the chance to be around children. She will be a year in March, is spayed and up to dates on her shots.

therockhugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what happened but doesn't sound good. Was someone abusing your kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Therockhugger

I don't know what happened but doesn't sound good. Was someone abusing your kitty?
I was given my three kitties at 4 weeks by my mother in law. A stray had them in her yard, and they were slowly starving to death. I was supposed to find all three homes, but it is nearly impossible around here and my roommate offered to take Lucy cat. He hits her now, and I can't let that happen to her.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you just find someone temporarily to get her out of there? What about your MIL? Maybe you could offer to pay her if she is hesitant. Offer to buy all her food and give her a little something for her trouble.

Nothing would be off the table in finding Lucy a safe house till someone else can take her.

The MAIN thing is to get her out of there, any way you can.

Don't wait to find a permanent home. It could be too late very quickly.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lucy needs immediate rescuing
you are right and I feel so sorry for your situation. It must be extremely emotionally draining on you right now. I know that a shelter would be the last thing you would want to do, but at least she won't be getting abused and hit at the shelter. Your roomate could actually get reported to authorities over this, but it sounds like he doesn't care since your DH already talked to him.

You are in quite a predicament because you all live together and you say you can't move at the moment. I wouldn't be able to live with someone like that, and I am sure you don't want to stay there either but I don't know the situation and it seems like you are stuck there until next year??? Maybe keep Lucy in your own room separated from this guy until you can find her another home. Lucy can't save herself, you have to do it for her, which you are!!! Good luck and keep Lucy safe for now.....I hope you can find her a new home, and FAST!!!

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we are stuck until next year. There is no way we can find somewhere to live with all my animals, nor do we have the money to do so. I will talk to my mother in law, but I think she will say no. That or she will let her out to get killed like she did with her last cat. It is very frustrating. I would love if I had somewhere to "board" her for a year, that would be amazing. Sadly, we live in an area where pet owners are pretty much horrible.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would give the mil a try at least. Can you afford to give her a little something to do this.

I am so sorry this is going on. Are there no kill shelters anywhere down there? If it would save Lucy, I don't think there would not be anywhere too far to go.

You are in my prayers.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just googled "no kill shelters pensacola fl" and the Humane Soc of Pensacola came up. It's a no kill shelter.

I would go there to save this girl. See what they are about..please.

I hope this helps. Their phone is...432-4250.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take her to the no-kill shelter.

You keep writing about helping Lucy. And people here keep saying that you need to get her out of the situation - yesterday.

Please don't wait.

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi again, the more I thought about your post this morning the more
I became about this situation. Seriously..... you cannot allow this abuse to go on for one more day. Lucy is stuck in this abusive situation and can do nothing to help herself but live in fear and stress. You have to get her out of there, NOW. BTW - if this guy is hitting Lucy, I can almost guarantee he is abusing your other cats too.

I googled no-kill in your area as well. The Humane Society of Pensacola will take your cat. Especially once you tell them the reason why. I didn't know this problem with your roomate has been going on for awhile now and according to the other replies, I guess it has. Save Lucy from this and call the humane society.

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been keeping Lucy in my bedroom at night, and when I am not around. I am going to talk to my mother in law, and see if she is willing to keep her for awhile. If that doesn't work, I will try the no kill shelters.

I know he isn't hitting my boys. He doesn't take them into his room, and I yell at him if he messes with them. They sleep in my room at night, and he basically doesn't have the chance to, and now I am preventing him from having that chance with Lucy- until I can get her out.

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I took Lucy away from the roommate tonight. He didn't sound happy. I also emailed the humane society to see what they can do to help. Hopefully they can find her a good home- the kind she deserves to have.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you are keeping Lucy with you tonight. I hope the humane society gets back to you quickly!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent. I wonder how you could legally get her in your name? If you have a vet bill or something in your name and he hurt her again, you might have some recourse. Just the knowledge of that may make him back off.

Don't wait too long for a reply from the HS. I always find person to person conversations do so much more than written.

Will she be safe during the day? Are you around then? Maybe mil could cat sit for you when you have to go out. I wouldn't leave her alone in the house with this person. He may try to retalliate.

But, thank goodness things are starting to turn around for Lucy. I know this is weighing heavily on you.

Keep us posted.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you called the HS. I would try again today and talk to a person directly. They will help you with Lucy. I am so sorry about this for you but you have to do this for Lucy. Your roomate needs a few good
!!!! He better not hurt that cat or you could file a report with the cops on this. Just in case....... Good luck and keep us updated, we all care about you and Lucy

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten a reply yet, but hopefully soon. I will call tomorrow if I haven't gotten a reply.

As for her being in my name, other then vet bills, there is nothing to say who's she is. All her vet bills are in my name. He supplied the cash, but I paid the bills. If he complains, I will pay him back for her spay, and only her spay. You don't get paid back for shots and food if you give up an animal.

During the day she is safe. DH or I or almost always here. Other then that, he doesn't get up till noon or later when he doesn't have work, and if he does have work, he only has time to shower and run out the door- no time to mess with Lucy.

If he retaliates, it will most likely be on us, but don't worry- I will be watching for it. If I have to, the boys will find homes too. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but if I have to, I will.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry you are dealing with this and you are doing the right thing. I wish someone could take your cats until you could move, then you could have all of them back.... Sometimes in life we have to do what is right for the animals in our care before our feelings/wants in these matters. Stay strong, you have a plan now.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a good plan of action. You are her gurardian angel. You are inmy thoughts and prayers.