Help! Need prayers for Squeeker!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He's so adorable! I really hope the seizures stop, and he makes a full recovery. What a little heartbreaker.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now saw this thread. My goodness, you're going through a lot with Squeeker! I'm glad there's been some progress, and I hope Squeeker's condition stabilizes.(sp?)

Snowball sends special purrs and I'm sending lots of healing throughts and prayers. Hang in there Squeeker!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sad to report that Squeeker's condition had dramatically worsened today. I took him back to the vet and we are keeping him there overnight for observation, but unfortunatly I think we are getting close to the end of poor little Squeeker's life. He has not eaten all day, is very lethargic and shows no interest in being a kitten at all. I am very upset as this is not only my first BIG decision but also my first loss. I am dreading making that decsion tomorrow so I am hoping for the best and that we may just need to hold out hope a little longer and he will be okay, but my gut tells me that it is time to let poor Squeeker end his misery. Please keep him in your thoughts tonight as this may be his last.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's easy to see why he is so loved. He's a stunningly handsome little fellow. My prayers are with you all and of course for Squeekers. Thanks for posting the wonderful pictures. Looks like Uno is taking good care of him too.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sad to read this, but if he is suffering, then IMO it's best to let him go to a pain-free place. Just remember all the love and caring you have brought into his life.

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family and of course squeekers.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about Squeeker, and I know what a hard decision you're facing. My prayers go out to both of you. If that terrible choice comes, please remember that you did your best for the little guy. A lot of people wouldn't have done all you have for him, and I'm sure he knows how much you care.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am keeping squeaker in my prayers!!!!!!!!!! I read your first post of when you got him so I am also very saddened by what you are going through.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!!!!! I was really hoping Squeeker would be able to get through this. My thoughts and prayers are totally with you and Squeeker, and I'm so very sorry he's suffering!

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Squeeker should change his name to Stinker. We just got back from the vet and he is home and running through the house like a normal 7 week old kitten should be, he is terrorizing and killing everything in sight. I am not sure who or what managed to make this happen but apparantly his 9 lives are not used up yet. I am soo glad we did not make that decision last night. I am not thinking he is free and clear yet but maybe his angel finally woke up and decided to get to work. Thanks to all of you who have been there for us all and been supportive in this tough time. I really appreciate it and am glad to have had this website to help us through. Thanks!!!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is amazing. hope he continues to do well.
Anne

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You've certainly been on an emotional rollercoaster, haven't you? We're all keeping Squeeker in our thoughts, and hoping for the best.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that Squeeker is the perfect name for this little one.
He just squeeked by the big one.

Did his vet say why he had such a fast turn around?

I pray that he continues to improve.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[Did his vet say why he had such a fast turn around?

I am really not sure what happened. I gave him a steroid injection at work yesterday as a last resort. I am not sure if that is what the miracle was or the fact that I cried my eyes out last night and prayed for a miracle. I am thinking now that it could be the meningitis that we were thinking and we have also upped his Phenobarbital dose to help control the seizures. Whatever it is, or was, I am extremely thankful and appreciative, now I am just concerned about anesthatizing him for his castration and tail amputation. In time this will all happen and I am hoping that he grows up to be the biggest strongest cat that we own.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why cat Meowmies get gray hair! Squeeker is definitely a fighter; hope he continues to improve.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is a relief! I was dreading going into this thread this morning, hoping he was still with us. May he continue to recover.