Help my two year old cat is having trouble urinating

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would agree that the bathroom remodel is likely the trigger. How's Copper doing today?

I'm wondering if anti anxiety medication might help him during the remodel....perhaps check with your vet about that?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well.... called my vet they said they would look up a mix of something to calm him. Have yet to hear..... came home this evening and every two feet copper as trying to go....grabbed him called the vet that diagnosed and off we went..... 70 kilograms of urine later a shot to relax him and cd stress food...called chewy.com and explained they gave me full refund no questions asked and when I was ready to order a new bag happy to ship quickly. Seriously that was sent awesome as copper not having blockage. Moved a litter box upstairs and then found d the calming paw gel think I shall add that to the mix, help the poo and relax him as well. I will keep you posted. thanks for being there....

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not ever tried this myself but this is another option for anti-anxiety for pets:

http://www.bachflower.com/rescue-remedy-pets-bach-flower/

You can purchase online, at pet stores and I've seen it at Whole Foods as well. I've tried the human version and it works great. I'm so glad Copper wasn't blocked...poor boy! And glad that Chewy was so wonderful....I've always had nothing but excellent experiences with them.
Please keep us posted on how Copper is doing [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He went both potties. Not a ton mind you, and will not stop coveting his water bowls. He looks stoned, and is acting wierd
I imagine it's the shot. I'll know more when I get home tonight I just don't know what else I can do

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when my Kitty went thru crystals and every potty felt like a victory [emoji]128522[/emoji] You are doing everything right...hopefully this episode will iron out soon. Is your bathroom remodel over or is it still ongoing?

I would agree that his stoned behavior is the result of the shot.

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are doing bit by bit, I wish it was ober. The thing is it was done, then a leak caused mold and redo because we couldn't determine where. It's been in rough she'll since April so need it done. Hoping just a few more days....
Reguarding copper now whew the gas from mirolax,and stool but it's working...vet has a Homeopathic relaxer they are gonna get me so he doesn't need another shot. I just really hope no catheter, pray for him....he's just two yrs old. He is playing with the cups of water spilling dishes. I think it's his shot. I shouldn't giggle but he is so funny...

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm keeping your boy in my prayers [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]. Can you keep Copper in one room (with food, water etc) while work is being done on the bathroom? My Kitty is really upset when my mom comes and stays overnight. My vet suggested creating a "safe room" for her any time my mom visits. I leave a fan running for while noise, Feliway running, darken the light....basically the goal is to create an environment where sensory input is limited in order to calm Kitty's nervous system. It has really worked well the few times I've done this.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
You might also try some Composure treats or liquid:        

Poor Copper.  I hope things are back to normal soon.  

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pet Apothecary called but I came home today he's eating g and drinking the water in the food but the urine looked a little dark muddy like and really pasty like. Called again, I will take in morning ing as he is still eating and trying to pee with small amounts and oh stinkypoops. Ughhh I feel awful for him.....keep you posted.

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Back to vet swollen urethane and meds. He's talking easy happy and his bladder was empty... keeping an eye on things but so far so good

coppersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update.... things are FINALLY better...he is more talkative, playing and just back to himself. Almost a week down.... hope all are well on the other side...