Help!! my rescue wont come out her resue room!!

kitty14rescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, ill try to make this as short as possible, 2 1/2 mths ago my husband recued a tuxedo kitten''bella'',at his job,she was wondering around at a recycling company,where there are loaders and dangerous machines that could have easily ended her life. she was about 12 weeks old. I put her in a small bathroom in the basement until I got her checked because I have a 2yr old resident cat that we also rescued 2 yrs ago. the next day I took her to the vet and found out she was a TNR her ear was clipped and her stomach had a red mark.she had a cold and was put on antibiotics.I then put her in an upstairs room that was much bigger,little by little she got better with her cold,she eats fine,and uses the litter box well. I have kept both cats separated until she had her shots and got tested for diseases and stuff which all was -.  I have tried feeding them together which they have done fine but the min the food is gone my male resident cat jumps on her and bites her neck (he is fixed by the way),which scares her away. she does not hiss or bite,i try to put her in my room for a little while so she can get use to being out the safe room,but the min the door opens she runs straight to the safe room.I allow my resident cat to hang out in the safe room so that "bella" can explore the rest of the house but she only hides. shes sad whenever shes not in the safe room,and when we put her down she runs away from us. my daughter sleeps in the safe room and bella cuddles with her every night.my problem is I feel bad that shes stuck in a room all day,i want her to be able to run around the house and be free.I know the safe room is all she knows. I tried to feed both cats together for awhile now and they still aren't getting along,my resident cat wants to play but jumps on her to bite.  I've read forums on how to introduce and nothing seems to work. Is there anything else I can try?? Is it ok for a 51/2 mth old cat to be in a room all day? I will appreciate anyone's advice thanks.

crystaldawn87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats did this after we moved. Put your cat in another room other than her safe room if you can and give her some love as you pick her up and continue giveing her love as you walk around the house with her in your arms showing her there's nothing that can hurt her. Then sit down with her on your lap and continue loving her. If you can leave the safe room door open at night and have your other cat in another room so she can explore the house while everyone else is asleep and the other cat is safely in another room. She may start coming out on her own after a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitty14rescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will definitely try that tonight.my resident cat sleeps with me every night.thanks so much for your advice:)

crystaldawn87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're welcome. I wish you luck. Also be patient with her as she's very scared. You may find it helpful to make her little hiding spots in a few different places in the house so she can feel safe and still be close to her new family