help my poor baby is huge I took in a preggo stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat just delivered 5 kittens really fast been a few hours nows shes panting heavily i gave her water but still panting

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Other than the panting does she seem to be in distress? Is she showing any other signs of labor? It is not uncommon at all for there to be a 'pause' of a few hours, and then for mom to go back into labor again and deliver another kitten or kittens.  How long has she been panting for?

Are mom and the kittens doing well otherwise?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
my cat just delivered 5 kittens really fast been a few hours nows shes panting heavily i gave her water but still panting
How is it going?

A little pedialyte or glucose sugar in the drinking water of a tired mom may be good.  If you dont have glucose sugar = "dextrose" you can have white caro syrup or honey instead.

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a update my baby had her babies july 21st she had 5 within moments of each other she was going so fast I had to remove the bag and cut the cord after each one I offered her the bag and she gladly took it....but now ive learned the 4 white ones are Albinos pink eyes no color and the only one who did looks like she has glacoma....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Albino kittens can live a normal life. Their eyes and skin are light-sensitive but otherwise they are not necessarily deaf or different from non-albino kittens.

What makes you think one kitten has glaucoma? Perhaps you should have the kitten examined by a vet for eye drops.

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats great to hear so even with red eyes they might not be blind and I belive the other kitten just had something in her eye she looks fine now but there all thriving and im so proud of momma kitty she hardly leaves their side and loves on them alot but is it normal for her to lick them all to take them and she seems to vocally be waking them or trying to...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama cats are supposed to lick their babies a lot! This stimulates them to digest and to go wee and poo. When hand-raising kittens humans must perform this function for the first three weeks.

The vocalizing and trilling will continue. That is how mama kitty communicates with her babies!

It's great to hear that all are doing well! :)

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats great to hear so even with red eyes they might not be blind and I belive the other kitten just had something in her eye she looks fine now but there all thriving and im so proud of momma kitty she hardly leaves their side and loves on them alot but is it normal for her to lick them all to take them and she seems to vocally be waking them or trying to...

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh ok well then great to hear shes being a good momma and no worries she will be getting fixed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should be spayed when the kittens are around 8 weeks old. It's great you are planning for her spay.

The kitten looks very healthy, and big! :)

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2 oops I'm a few weeks late but most definitely will call and get appointments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens can be spayed and neutered now too! How are they doing anyway?

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There doing well baby girl is caged and there all waiting to be fixed sooner than i had been told... i contacted the vets the humane society had listed as the ones who would be doing the surgeries and he made me a deal to fix my babies as long as i keep them and i had no other idea. Tbere almost 6 months now and i love them to pieces there not pets but members of our family how are ur cuties