Help my on my cat strange case

shahad77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! I had a cat named Smokey. She is with me since she was close to 2 months. Unfortunately I guess she didn't lived with her mother or even getting her milk ( she was with another family from she is born till I had it ). she loves to play and running and jumping around but when she in the age to took her vaccinations after 2 weeks her eyes turned from sweet sky blue color to a red color!
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

I took her to a vet he said she has some type of allergic that he didn't know and gave me an eye drops. I changed her litter and cleaned her toys but the allergic didn't go and she was having a high on her temperature sometimes. Now after 3 days she is going to be 6 months old YAAY but she something came up:( her back legs not working and she peed on her self because she can't go to the litter even though when I took her there she can't pee and she keep eating the litter. I took her to THREE VET and no one know what is wrong with her but one of them said she is having a Severe Vitamin Deficiency and gave me "GIMCAT Multi-vitamin professional " with something called "petylate" that used to solve the dehydration. but it's been like a 4 days but she is going worse :(. May anyone help us please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shahad77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! I had a cat named Smokey. She is with me since she was close to 2 months. Unfortunately I guess she didn't lived with her mother or even getting her milk ( she was with another family from she is born till I had it ). she loves to play and running and jumping around but when she in the age to took her vaccinations after 2 weeks her eyes turned from sweet sky blue color to a red color!
View attachment 339352 View attachment 339353
I took her to a vet he said she has some type of allergic that he didn't know and gave me an eye drops. I changed her litter and cleaned her toys but the allergic didn't go and she was having a high on her temperature sometimes. Now after 3 days she is going to be 6 months old YAAY but she something came up:( her back legs not working and she peed on her self because she can't go to the litter even though when I took her there she can't pee and she keep eating the litter. I took her to THREE VET and no one know what is wrong with her but one of them said she is having a Severe Vitamin Deficiency and gave me "GIMCAT Multi-vitamin professional " with something called "petylate" that used to solve the dehydration. but it's been like a 4 days but she is going worse :(. May anyone help us please?
I forget to say that she is so skinny like 2.65 pounds/ 2.5 kg. She ate well but idk why she is skinny.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is eating her litter, she is probably Anemic, which means she is low on her Vitamin B's and iron, and may not be producing red blood cells properly. did they do bloodwork on her? Did you call them back and tell them she is getting worse? Did they run any special tests on her to try to figure out what was causing the anemia? Does she go outside? Cats can even get Anemia from ticks, and can also get other diseases from ticks and fleas. There is a form of "tick paraysis". Have you seen any ticks on her> That usually occurs quite rapidly once that particular tick latches on, but I don't know how you identify which tick it is, or whether it's an allergy to their saliva, or exactly what.

Also, was she dewormed? That could explain how she eats well but doesn't gain weight. At this point, though, you've got to resolve the Anemia (if that's what it is) or nothing else will matter. It's very serious :frown:

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An eye color change and back legs not working in a kitten screams FIP to me. The virus can get into both the eyes and the central nervous system. Did they do any bloodwork?

Edit- just saw you also mentioned fever and anemia. Please ask your vet about FIP, and if they haven’t yet run a blood chemistry panel they should.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An eye color change and back legs not working in a kitten screams FIP to me. The virus can get into both the eyes and the central nervous system. Did they do any bloodwork?

Edit- just saw you also mentioned fever and anemia. Please ask your vet about FIP, and if they haven’t yet run a blood chemistry panel they should.
I hope this isn't the case :frown: And, of course, blood work won't tell for certain, unless there is a something new that I'm unaware of (which is always possible) But you are correct in that it very well could be this dreaded disease. I'm going to think positive though, that it's something else...anything else.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope this isn't the case :frown: And, of course, blood work won't tell for certain, unless there is a something new that I'm unaware of (which is always possible) But you are correct in that it very well could be this dreaded disease. I'm going to think positive though, that it's something else...anything else.
No it won’t be for certain, but there are some pretty good indicators - the main one is hyperglobulinemia resulting in an albumin:globulin ratio of less than ~.5. I believe I saw a study saying that AG ratio of <.5 is a 90% positive predictor for a diagnosis of FIP. If there was effusion they could test it for protein levels but it doesn’t sound like there’s any fluid build up. Doing an ultrasound might show lesions or enlarged lymph nodes.

I would definitely encourage S shahad77 to ask his vet to do some further testing

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I hesitate to say anything because I don't want to scare you, but I would definitely get her to a vet ASAP and demand blood work done. Years ago, I had a very similar situation with one of my kittens. He never fully developed though which we passed off as being a runt and we didn't realize he wasn't gaining the weight he should have been gaining because he was a floof of a thing. Came home one day and his back legs wouldn't work (K.C was so sweet, even with his legs not working he tried to drag himself to us when we called for him) When we took him to the vet I recall them saying something about how his white blood cell count (I believe it was) was really low? I forget the exact details, I was 12 at the time and didn't know much about cats, but it was a form of blood cancer/leukemia. I'm NOT saying that's what your kitten has, but I would 100% demand some blood tests be done at the very least to rule out anything like that. I'm surprised they haven't wanted to do that already.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Please keep us updated. <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shahad77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys Krienze Krienze K kittenmittens84 mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens , i just wanted you to know that i search for a clinic had a blood test, i finally found one but it’s in another city but never mind Today’s morning i went there and the doctor made a blood test I don’t really know the medical words. She got 7 out of 12 in the blood, she got anemia and a various in the blood. I got the medicines and a needle feeder = course for 5 days. I hope she gets well. Thank you all❤❤