HELP-My new baby kitten (6 weeks old)

jaymie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I picked up my kitten yesterday and when we got back into town my boyfriends sister called and asked to see him so we went to her house and boyfriend got out of the car with the kitten and put him on the ground to have a wee and he ran away before i could say anything. My boyfrind has never been around kittens and he thorght because the kitten was outside with his mother and siblings at the place we picked him up from he would be fine outside.

We looked for him for 2 hour last night and could find him anywhere, then waited and went back out after awhile and we found him under the house then we spent another 2-3 hours trying to get him to come out but had no luck and after a while we stopped beingable to see him at all so called if quits at about 12:30 and left some food and water out for him and went home I went back thismorning and he has eaten the food but is still no where to be seen.

My mum said he will still be under the house but if he is how do we get him out? and if his not how do we get him back?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, poor baby! He must be so scared. Kittens really shouldn't be away from their mother at that age---8 weeks is minimum. But anyway. Can you "borrow" his mother or a couple of siblings? If you have them in a carrier near the house, and they meow, he may come out to see them. If that's not possible, see if you can get a towel that has his mother's scent on it, and put that in a carrier with some food and water. Hopefully he'll snuggle into the towel and you can catch him that way. You can also see if you can borrow a live trap from someone---animal control may have them for rent---and catch him that way. Squirrel size ought to be about right.

Keep leaving food and water out, because at that age they can't go long without eating and drinking.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!!! You could try calling a local TNR group and see if their members have any suggestions. Some people are very good at mrreowling like a mama-kitty and might be able to coax him out. Meanwhile, try to block access to under the house, especially if there are raccoons and other predators around - if he cries too much, it will attract the WRONG kind of attention. And please don't assume that he is the one who ate the food - it could easily have been another animal, a cat or mice perhaps; it is time to advertise & alert the neighbors, in case someone else has found him....poor, poor little guy :(

Sending mega prayers and vibes for successful rescue efforts for the little guy!

Last edited:

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
put a towel with an old school ticking clock in it near where you think she hides. it will sound like mother and hopefully the kitten will snuggle up and then there you know where to find it.