Help!!! My Kitty's Due

Tracie campbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need advice. I took on a kitty who is 2 years old. My baby We was advised when we for her she was spayed etc!! She was an indoor cat and had been for nearly a year!!!!!! Hard to believe we had her that long and not once showed signs she was in heat anyway my cat got out when I was coming off night shift and vanished.... me thinking she was spayed and it was ok started Letting her out more as she seemed to enjoy it... I took her for her check up and was advised she was pregnant.. obviously I was surprised and shocked as we genuinely thought she was spayed. Last few days tho she's been weird. I have looked up lots of things but am confused. She's been poking about a lot yesterday at different places and have laid few places for her but she's not interested she wants to look her self She's been cleaning her self but not constantly unless I don't see her. She's still eating but not no where near as much. I noticed last night some sticking stuff at her bottom but she wouldn't let me look more but now it's gone. Last 4 days there's little white scabs coming off her nipples and they are huge!!!!!! She's sleeping allllll the time now but yesterday was really unsettled. I no it was around the first week in June she was out and she's massive. I don't no if she's close or just being lazy

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's around 9 weeks if she mated the first few days of June, which means she'll be due any day. The white scabby looking film on her nipples is likely colostrum (and probably some chaffing). It's normal for her to lactate when she's close to the end of pregnancy. You can use some coconut oil on her nipples to help with the chaffing. Do you have a birthing box set for her in a quiet non drafty place?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tracie campbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah have one set out for her. She's started grooming her self a bit more. She's just wandering about now. Did think maybe things was happening after that stuff I seen last night as it was it her back end and she wouldn't let me look again. She's honestly slept the hole day. She's not interested in the box she just looks else where and under my sons cot which is fine as it's dark down there. It's just so hard cause I don't no exactly when she mated but I no was strait of June and just worried things go wrong. Her nipples are huge and honestly massive. She's constantly lying in the lobby and doesn't really move from there xx

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The stuff you saw on her rear end could have been left over fecal matter from her using the litter box due to her not being to groom herself all that well since she's so big and nearing the end of pregnancy. Let's hope that's all it was at least! Just keep an eye on her. I can't remember if you said this is her first litter? I'm guessing this is the only one you're aware of since you thought she was spayed lol.

Tracie campbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah first litter that am aware of since I've had her. Wouldn't of thought it was poop as it was a discharge kinda look and my god u no when she's been to the litter lol. She's a chilled cat anyway and I have kids and she always wants to be with them but today not so much x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's nearing the end and getting ready to give birth soon.

The dried flakes on her nipples are milk.

Vaginal discharge is normal in the days before labor and delivery.

Read the articles above. They will really help.

Your children should not handle the kittens the first few weeks.

Do you plan to spay her after the kittens wean?

Tracie campbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh god yeah I can't go through this again lol hell no. She enjoys being out and about and she's not a breeding machine. just really angry cause if they had said she wasn't I would of took her still Yea kids no boy to handle or touch them and to leave Mum till she comes to them x