Help, My Cat's Having Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neesey,
Hey. A few people have told me they are interested. Now, I can show pictures, and that will help boost my advertising. I have small sons, so we may end up keeping one or two ourselves. My six year old wants to keep them all.

I think the kittens have grown already! I will take more pictures, so stay tuned.

Also, does anyone know if I should have Grayce dewormed? Do all mama cats get worms after they deliver or only a few? I haven't seen any worms, but I haven't looked too close at her feces. Thanks for any info.

mrsd

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MrsD, there is no correlation between giving birth and having worms. You should wait a few days and then, if you are worried that Grayce has worms, she can be given treatment for them. You will need to treat the kits for worms when they are 8 weeks, unless you see signs earlier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty Update:

The kittens have lost their umbilical cords. Still eating and sleeping. Eyes closed. Grayce is nursing them well, but she does take breaks and comes out to be with the rest of us while they sleep. (I wouldn't want to stay in a cardboard box 24/7 either.)

Grayce is wanting to go outside.
She isn't spayed, so I can't let her take the chance. Going to buy her a harness and leash, so we can 'walk' her. My children and my children's friends have heard repeated warnings: DO NOT LET THE CAT OUT!

Will post more pics soon!

mrsd

neesey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww, your so lucky have those babies to care for

Im glad they are all doing well

Neesey