Help! My cat is sick, does anyone know what it could be?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How are you going to pay for renovations if you can't afford to take care of your cat. I can't believe your vet kept your cat, charged you $271 and had no idea what is wrong with it. Did the vet do blood tests to check the kidney function? Your cat is sick and someone needs to find out the problem. If you feel the care he was given was not good from the vet who treated him, then you need to take the cat to someone who you can trust to find out the problem. If you don't, it might cost your cat his life.'
I don't mean this to sound harsh, but cats can fade fast. Many of us have learned that the hard way. Take good advice and get your cat back to the dr.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you take Shadow to a different vet? She really needs to go, hun. Do you feel comfortable taking her temperature? If she has a fever at least the vet can bring her temp down.

BTW, I used to live in Troy VT when for a few years when I was a kid. I've been to Newport, but the last time was 13 years ago. I have relatives in Brownington.
Hi and Welcome to TCS from Florida.

I pray that Shadow gets better soon and stays well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikithetiger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I called the vet and they wanted us to bring her in but we told her we couldn't spend that much money. So they gave us an antibiotic. Even before we started giving it to her, Shadow seemed to start feeling better... maybe we were just being extra careful with her... well except for the peeing on the rug thing...

I brought the kitty litter box upstairs where Shadow stays and made sure she ate at least once a day (she probably eats more, we're not around all day, but I made sure she ate at least once). Now she's frollicking around like her old self... so hopefully she'll be ok.

On a side note, we bought this house with the purpose of fixing it up and reselling, so the "renovations" we need to make are not for personal pleasure. We've had the house for over a year now and only one room has been mostly completed... I have three rooms partially done (as in torn apart) but nothing has been done to them that costs money... cuz there's been no extra money.